What's new

Is the Philips DVDQ50AT the next must have DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Ed Jewell

Agent
Is this the next must have DVD player? Check out the Philips DVDQ50AT at Link Removed I'm eagerly awaiting all reviews. :)

YANG

Screenwriter
PHILIPS Q50 is best for value and performance.You will not have to pay a very big price for this progressive player,and its slim built looks attractive too.

During the demostration of this player's capability in the recent AV exhibition,the presenter wowed the audience how good the player is by using demo disc of a flying flag of AMERICA to show the effectiveness of the FAROUDJA RPOGRESSIVE PROCESSING.

I wouldn't say that this player is a must buy,but it is a player so good that it is not to be missed.

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a pretty negative review of this player over at AV Science not long ago. I don't specifically remember what problems the guy had with it, but I remember they seemed significant. You might do a search over there and see if you can find the review.

Andrew P

Second Unit
Short answer... No. The picture is great, but there are too many issues with the player such as random freezes, etc. I think they issued a firmware upgrade to fix the picture cropping, but the freezes still occur.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks