What's new

Is Nowhere Man available on DVD anywhere in the world? (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
In case you don't remember, Nowhere Man was a television show which aired during the first season of the UPN network. It was a phenominal show in my opinion and I would love to see it again. I know it isn't available in the states as of yet, but does any place on this great planet of ours have a version available? Also, who owns the video rights to this show in the states?

mike.

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Don't know - would like to. I've posted in Studio Feedback and got very little reply. I would get both seasons (I believe there were two). BTW: The lead actor Bruce Greenwood (who also was President Kennedy in Thirteen Days) was outstanding. Made the series work. I suspect the program suffered in ratings due to the newness of UPN. Is that right?

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
A terrific series, and one of the best-kept secrets in cult-TV. I would jump at the chance of owning it on DVD. :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually it was one season only. a year ago i was able to get every episode on a CD for the comp. VHS tapes were available from some guy online as well. Otherwise i havent seen it anywhere. If it hit DVD i would be there

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Yep, it was only one season, although the finale left it wide open for another. Actually, I remember seeing ads toward the end of the season touting "renewed for a second season." Too bad it never happened...

mike.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I LOVED that show! I thought I was the only one around who misses it, or even remembers it :)
However, I really thought that there were *two* seasons ... seems I waited and waited for the second one to roll around, and before I knew it, the finale had arrived!
I never will forget
when he learned the "truth" about his painting, "Hidden Agenda." .. Then he realized that his wife was in on it ... and that HE was part of the problem!

Someone jog my memory or please give me some more conclusive evidence that that was truly only ONE season! I'm trying hard to bear that out ...
Oh, and on topic, if it IS on DVD, I'd be one of the first to get it - Greenwood was terrific:emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I know there was only 1 season because i have all the episodes on a CD :) The last episode was the left open cliffhanger. The episode on the cd arent full screen or of excellent copies but are highly watchable.I also remember because it used to be on after voyager when UPN first started. Then nowhere man was cancelled and The Sentinel started. Another cool show which was cancelled and left a cliffhanger(jeri ryan was in that final episode i believe). Then 7 days which was good at the start and then tailed off. If you are really intrested in Nowhere man do a search on google or something. There was a fan site where fans wrote a virtual 2nd season. THey may have done more but i lost the link when i got my new comp and never looked for it again

Cpat

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Joey and Todd,
Thanks for the memory-jogger. It was indeed a long season. And also, somewhere in my last post ;) I mentioned "Hidden Agenda" ... I caught my own mistake (the ol' memory DOES fail, ya know!) .. and no, it wasn't a painting - it was his photograph.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Yes, it was just one season. The prospescts of a release on DVD are dim, however, as I don't recall Buena Vista ever releasing any television series on DVD (apart from some historical Walt Disney broadcasts, of course).

-Lyle J.P.

Lafe F

Second Unit
I desperately want Nowhere Man on DVD. It was an awesome show that never even made it to VHS. I wonder if Artisan would get the rights from Touchstone/Buena Vista and release it?

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
I'm enthused by all this interest! I started a Studio & Manufacturer Forum thread asking for Nowhere Man to come out on DVD.
Click HERE to read or post requests to that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks