What's new

Is my Panasonic RP-56 defective? (1 Viewer)

AnitaPeterson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi there,

I've noticed last night that my brand-new and never-played "The Doors" DVD has a glitch at some point. The image becomes pixelated, and there's half a second of silence.

This was not the first quirk - I've noticed that a similar ugly pizelization/sound breaking up occurs on two other discs.

This reminded me of a strange phenomenon - some of the VCD's I've been producing (upon transferring my laserdisc collection to a more convenient format) exhibit the exact same symptoms. And there's no doubt about it - I've encoded them using various programs, burned them on different media, and even tried various recording software (sometimes with PBC enabled, sometimes without it).

Meanwhile, ALL the DVDs and VCD's I'm telling you about play perfectly on my two computers, using PowerDVD 3 and PowerDVD XP. No glitches there.

So...

Is my DVD player defective? I got it following a good deal, and even bought an extended warranty (since there wasn't much of a price difference)

Should I go to the store with it and tell them to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks