What's new

Is it worth upgrading? (1 Viewer)

Mike Miles

Auditioning
Currently I have a Yamaha RX-V2200. I have been looking at the RX-V3300 primarly to get the front effects amp. There is also improved damping and THD ratings on the amp as well. The other interesting feature is the RS232 interface. What will this be used for in the future do you think?

The other consideration is the RZ-V1. This units has the above improvements plus the 128khz BURR BROWN DAC and dual 33bit DSP Yamaha chip set. I for one really enjoy the DSP modes on my current unit but I don't use anywhere near the the 20-something I have now so why would I use the 40-something you get with this unit?

BTW, both units in question have the new DTS 26/94 decoding my existing piece does not. That I am sure with the new program material will be a benefit.

Asking for some sound advise. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

My first post...

Regards,
Mike

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Unless the different features are important to you, I don't see a reason to upgrade. The damping and THD differences are a non-issue. I'd recommend standing pat for a while until you better define what it is that you're looking to achieve. Otherwise, you'll take a beating on your present receiver and in another few months that 3300 will be supplanted by something else and the whole process starts again with you being much the poorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks