What's new

is it really worth it to get stb for hdtv yet?? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i went and did it.
i got a mits hd500 system and hooked up an antenna for ota and that looks beatiful.
the local pbs has a loop of hd on 24hrs and it is incredable.
now i have to hook up the oval so i can see hbo-hd and hdnet.
but i question i have for philly area people. channel 29 hd looks a bit odd compared to 3 and 6 hd. 29 is a little too big andm the bottom seems cropped off a little and it looks a little pushed to the right side too much.
is this the way 29 sends out the signal or is it a byproduct of the mits converting everything to 1080i??
------------------
"who needs padding when you can have quality over quantity? more isn't always better." just my 2 cents on post count padders.-----

MickB

Agent
Yes it is, I have Star Choice Satellite for my Pioneer SD582 HDTV. It blows away cable and the HDTV is jaw dropping. PBS-HD shows are reference quality. IMHO the U.S. Open was better than being there. With all the new network shows and sports in HDTV it is a no brainer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
channel 29 hd looks a bit odd compared to 3 and 6 hd. 29 is a little too big and the bottom seems cropped off a little and it looks a little pushed to the right side too much.
anyone else see this. also is the non hd picture seem a little soft with the mits?

Damon Morrin

Agent
If you have an HDTV the answer is probably yes because of the digital connection on the horizon. It seems that the analog connections will be disappearing with next generation of STBs. Obviously nobody with an HDTV at the moment has a digital connection. It might not be a bad idea to pick up an STB cheap before the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks