What's new

Is it okay to do this? (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I moved my setup around today...just to try something new...and to make room for a loveseat we are having delivered in a few hours.
The only thing I can't seem to do is:
Connect my Sony 57HW40 TV's POWER CORD to my Monster Power HTS3500...I'm just about 2 feet short, distance wise :frowning:
My question:
Is it okay to add a 3 foot extension cord to my TV power cord...and then run that into my HTS3500?
I do have another outlet available behind the TV...but it seems kinda silly to have spent $300+ on the HTS3500 and then not use it for everything it's capable of. I could buy another one...but again...I really want to use the HTS3500 that I already have.
Thanks for any help...

Kevin T

Screenwriter
you could always call monster and see if there is a "monster approved" extension cord that would allow you to make up the distance without loosing any of your monster insurance coverage. granted you could use a regular ul extension cord but if you system ever gets zapped and you have to go to them for a claim...they may deny it since you didn't have an "approved" extension cord. i know it seems illogical but i wouldn't put it past them.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks