Is it okay to do this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael D. Bunting, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    I moved my setup around today...just to try something new...and to make room for a loveseat we are having delivered in a few hours.
    The only thing I can't seem to do is:
    Connect my Sony 57HW40 TV's POWER CORD to my Monster Power HTS3500...I'm just about 2 feet short, distance wise [​IMG]
    My question:
    Is it okay to add a 3 foot extension cord to my TV power cord...and then run that into my HTS3500?
    I do have another outlet available behind the TV...but it seems kinda silly to have spent $300+ on the HTS3500 and then not use it for everything it's capable of. I could buy another one...but again...I really want to use the HTS3500 that I already have.
    Thanks for any help...

2. Jeff Engel

Jeff Engel Stunt Coordinator

Seems okay to me, just be sure to get a good UL rated extension cable.

Jeff

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Monster sells two outlet units that should suffice for the TV.

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

you could always call monster and see if there is a "monster approved" extension cord that would allow you to make up the distance without loosing any of your monster insurance coverage. granted you could use a regular ul extension cord but if you system ever gets zapped and you have to go to them for a claim...they may deny it since you didn't have an "approved" extension cord. i know it seems illogical but i wouldn't put it past them.

kevin t