Is "It Came From Hollywood" Still Being Released on Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew H, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

Paramount, along with a slew of other excellent catalog titles, was supposed to release the 1982 cult-favorite "It Came From Hollywood" on this upcoming Tueaday, July 16th. Amazon has the cover art, but removed its release date from their page. It seems other sites don't have it listed, either.
    What gives? I was really looking forward to this, so I hope it wasn't indefinately delayed or anything. Does anybody know?

2. Darrel Johansen

Darrel Johansen Stunt Coordinator

I love this movie and taped it on VHS from some cable channel in the 80s. I didn't realize that it was scheduled soon. Any news appreciated.
    This has some the 80s Saturday Night Live group (Gilda Radner), John Candy, Cheech and Chong and others giving a great tribute to 50s and 60s monster flicks. I saw them all. I really liked the line from Cheech about "The Amazing Shrinking Man:" "Hey, man, this is the first time I've seen a man eaten by a ...."
    [​IMG]

3. Mark Hammon

Mark Hammon Stunt Coordinator

Last thing I read is that it was "on hold" due to licensing issues. Since it crossed over to different studios it would have to be licensed before release.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer