What's new

Is Anybody Picking Up "Bobby's World?" (1 Viewer)

Kevin Z

Auditioning
Is anybody but me picking this up on May 4th? You know Bobby's World was tight. It lasted forever during Fox Kids when it first started up.

I wish it was being released in seasons, but for $6 at ddd.com you gotta pick this up!

I looked everywhere to find out which episodes were gonna be on this release, but can't find it. Amazon even has a Vol. 2 slated for August 3rd. Haven't heard anything else about it though.

I was just wondering if there is anybody else actually getting this. It would certainly lend hope for future season releases I'm sure.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I really want that Friday The 13th, Halloween parody episode where Bobby thinks his babysitter's boyfriend is a chainsaw killer. I hope it's included in one of the upcoming compilations. I think TVShowsOnDVD.com had some info about the featured episodes listed a while back...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll be buying it! No, I haven't seen an episode list yet. I'll try to dig one up...no promises, though.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'm going to pass on Bobby's World but I eagerly await Saban's Samurai Pizza Cats. I saw soooooooooo disappointed when Fox replaced SPC with BW in their morning line-up those many years ago. Is there any news on SPC?

I don't mean any offense to fans of the show, but I thought watching Bobby's World was like getting a lobotomy. I have no problem with juvenile entertainment (Samurai Pizza Cats isn't exactly adult-oriented programming :) {although there were plenty of jokes that would have gone over the heads of the little ones}) but Bobby's World is the only cartoon I can think of where the viewer literally has to be no older than five in order to appreciate the show.

In no way do I mean this as a thread crap. I honestly want to know, are there virtues to this show that I missed? Was I just at a cynical age when I watched BW that prevented me from enjoying it? Maybe I just have a poor memory of the show.

I certainly don't remember this episode! :eek: I always appreciate an outrageous, clever parody. Are there many episodes like this?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I don't really remember too much about the series, I enjoyed it but being that I grew up in an era amongst the greatest children's television and animated programming ever conceived, it certainly wasn't a personal favorite. That episode does stand out in my memory though and I would love to see it again. All that I really remember is Bobby being chased through his house by his babysitter's boyfriend in a hockey mask, wielding some sort of large sharp-edged thrashing device. I hope it's included on an upcoming compilation...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A good, fun kid's show. I remember being kind of touched by the episode where Bobby's friend the cross guard died. It stood out because back then few shows were willing to confront loss and grief in even such shallow terms.

Howie Mandell at his most genuine and quirky.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
"Fish Tales".

I wonder if that's the one where they do the "Little Mermaid" parody. I thought this was hilarious. Bobby ends up underwater with these singing fish doing a musical number spoofing 'Under The Sea'. Except this song was called "Underneath the water, the fish don't stink.". lol. I don't remember the whole premise of the episode but I remember that song. Funny stuff.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
For those who can't wait, it's best that they check out a section in a certain national chain where they can buy it for $5.99 and under. My local store was already sold out, though, darn the luck. :frowning:

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Nope. I will not be purchasing this because I really want Bobby's World on DVD in season format. I don't like these best of volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks