What's new

Is anybody going to replace thier Sixth Sense DVD? (1 Viewer)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I just saw the report of a Vista Series 6th Sense DVD. My quesiton is why? I thought the first dvd was really good minus those irritating trailers. I for one do not see a need to upgrade to this DVD. Does any else?
------------------
My DVD Collection

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I am, but only because my current disc is completely messed up and will hardly play anymore. It pixelates and pauses and alot of other jibberish -- I haven't even watched it more than five times probably either.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Yeah, I think I will. Since it's going to include everything from the original release as far as features plus include new features.
They list the new features as:
Reflections from the set,
Documentary on the Paranormal by M. Night Shyamalan,
M. Night Shyamalan: Storyteller,
Special Collectible (Probably like the Unbreakable one),
DTS 5.1 Digital Surround / Dolby Digital 5.1 Surrond,
THX Certified
Sounds like its worth the price, not to mention the picture should have less compression artifacts, since the extras are on a second disc. Plus it gets rid of those bloody forced trailers...ick.
MTFBWY and HH!!
Mike Cameron
------------------
View my Mediocre DVD collection
I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
no way, i haven't even watched my current Sixth DVD! I bet it rotted already (oh oh, sorry, "de-laminated" was the term I meant
wink.gif
)
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Yup, I thought it was a good flick and I too hate those damned trailers popping up all the time whenever I play the previous disc. Hope the DTS track is well done.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Since The Sixth Sense is my mom's DVD...
Me: Mom, a new Sixth Sense DVD is coming out.
My Mom: And?
Me: It includes a new DTS track...
My Mom: A what?
Me: It's a two disc set with more extras...
*blank stare from my mom*
Me: It has no forced trailers...
*blank stare from my mom*
Me: Ahhh nevermind.
So I'm guessing the answer on that is a no. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I generally upgrade my DVDs when a better version comes out. I'm not sure if I'll upgrade this one immediately, as I've only watched the first once or twice at home (saw it twice in the theater... its not the most rewatchable of all movies) or if I'll wait awhile. But I'll probably get it.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nah.
edit: "Hey, is this a POLL?"
wink.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
[Edited last by David Lambert on October 25, 2001 at 09:57 PM]

Joel C

Screenwriter
Hey, my SS is all screwed up too. I wonder if there was a bad batch?
So yes, I'll buy it, since my current copy is unwatchable.
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Shaun

Second Unit
Why bother? They'll just release another "Super, Collector's Special Vista Director's Cut Edition" in another year or so. And then another, and another, and another....
I'm all for special edition rereleases of older, poorly mastered and featureless dvds, but special editions of special editions. Oy!!!
Yeah, I'll think I'll stick with the original.
------------------
Shawn Siref
(Shaun is my code name, Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)
Shawn's Home Theater
Shawn's DVDs

Maybe,
I did prefer the Sixth Sense to Unbreakable.
I would buy it for the DTS Soundtrack, however due to the nature of the soundtrack, I am not sure how DTS would really benefit it?
I will put it on my list of "movies to buy, when I get around to it, but are not of high "Must order Now" priority". Which sometimes mean they dont get ordered.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I love special editions, and will wait to purchase a dvd if there's a reliable rumor of a SE in the works (I waited for Princess Bride, Holy Grail, etc.).
I used to also buy new SEs to replace earlier versions. But now I will only do so if the film itself is improved (e.g., anamorphic or director's cut), not just to get supplements.
So, unless the new transfer is somehow better, I will not be buying the new edition.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll pass on this one. Got plenty of other dvds to buy as it is! :)
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Since the copy of SS that I have now is one that my fiance bought from a library, and is a used copy that people could check out and was doubtlessly handled by hundreds...OK, it's a library, so dozens...of people, and has no case since she threw away all the cases of DVDs she bought from the library in order to hide the collection from her mother (whom she still lived with at the time), and not having a case has been stored in a CaseLogic plastic sleeve CD holder thingy, and furthermore being from the library had a "Carroll County Public Library" sticker stuck over the center of the disc (with the hole cut out), the removal of which was very difficult and still left enough sticky material so that whenever it's played, it sticks inside the DVD player and gets scratched up when I try to pry it out, I guess I'd have to say the answer to this thread is...ummm...HELL F***ING YES!!!
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks