What's new

Is $300 a good price for Onix Rocket RS250 speakers? (1 Viewer)

DavidGold

Agent
Someone locally is selling a pair and I'm considering picking them up. If this is a good deal and I purchase them, would the Rocket RSC100 MKII be a good matching center channel? I can't afford the $599 RSC200 center. I'm thinking about doing a 3.1 setup to start with and maybe buy some surround speakers later on. Would the Rocket ELT-1 SW-10 sub be enough for a room either 10x12 with 10 foot ceilings and/or a 12x16 room with 10 foot ceilings? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, without a doubt. The 250 is a very nice bookshelf. They are not small speakers. You should post this question on the av123forum about the center and subwoofer. I would stick with the onix center, but you don't necessarily have to go with a Rocket sub. I would call onix customer service and ask about Bstock. They might have the bigfoot or the RSC100 in Bstock. Right now they have a 20% off Bstock. Also call SVS or HSU for their Bstock as well, you can prabably find a good deal with them as well.

Good luck

YC

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I have a pair of them and love them very much.. Thats a great price and they are heavy and built super heavy duty. Great sounding speakers but as any bookshelf you will eventually want a sub. Actually I have all larger speakers and use the 250's for my back surrounds. Let us know how it goes.
Mike

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Go for it. Seems like a great deal. Be sure to test drive them first to make sure they are working properly. My brother's ELT Sub works great in his 12x16x10 room. How much is he selling the sub for? You can get a bstock ELT sub for $179 (minus 20% off, plus shipping cost) from AV123.

Mike might be selling his RS250s pretty soon ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks