What's new

Iron Maiden??? (1 Viewer)

Brian Mixon

Agent
When I first read about Iron Maiden's new cd (Dance of death) on their website, they were saying it was going to be released on Sacd in multichannel. And then it came out and it was just a regular good old fashioned cd. And all of the sudden the talk of Sacd is nowhere to be heard. Heard anything??? Cause this cd would kick to much ass Sacd multichannel style. And also all their old ones getting the same treatment and finding their way into my possesion would be worth killing two or three people for.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
manowar has an SACD. i have heard nothing about iron maiden having one, but i would love to hear a hirez version of to tame a land on piece of mind.

Brian Mixon

Agent
Wich ever format is fine with me. They must still be working on it cause im not finding info anywhere. Do you know of a source?

Brian Mixon

Agent
When I click on the different titles on the page of the link you gave, it gives me no info on the title or how to purchase it.
Mabey its cause I have a piece of crap outdated webtv, and it like cant load the pages right or something. All I get when I click on it is like numbers an stuff.
Regadless though, thanks for bringing it to my attention that it exists. I see my first Dvd-a purchase on the horizon.

Brian Mixon

Agent
Well I finally got the lowdown on this matter. And all it took was joining the Iron Maiden fan forum and asking around.
I guess the Dvd-A release of Dance of death keeps being delayed due to technical problems. But I would rather them take their time then rush it out half assed.
Anyways though... I was told it was going to be Dts 5.1, with a video thrown in.
For me that means theres finally something truely worth starting my Dvd-A/Sacd collection. Though no word on exactly when I'll be starting it.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I just wanted to bump this thread to advise that I read on ironmaiden.com that the DVD-A is coming out on 3/29/04. It is DTS, DD5.1 hi rez with a couple videos included.

Oh yeah and Hallowed Be Thy Name would kick major ass in 5.1!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Do you guys have Rock in Rio on Dvd? It is incredible!

Now where the hell is Sarah Mclachlan or The Wall in Hi Rez!! :angry:

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
well i certainly will pick this up at some point.i have rock in rio and by far the best part is when they battle the giant eddie monster and the guitarist (sorry for not remembering his name off the top of my head) kicks him in the groin while continuing to play guitar.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

It's the only concert video/DVD I've ever watched in it's in entirety in one sitting, without rewinding, fast-forwarding, or pausing for bathroom breaks. What a show!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Heh. I believe that was Jannick Gers who battles Eddie. Poor guy, he probably thought he was gonna get kicked out of the band when Adrian Smith was coming back. And then the band was like, "Why have two guitar players when we can have 3?" If that ain't metal, I don't know what is.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Don,
You think the RinR DVD is great!?

Try seeing them Live in person!! :D

And yes it is Janick that fights Eddie on the DVD.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I saw them last year in Madison Square Garden in New York with Dio and Motorhead opening. Also on the Brave New World tour with Queensryche and Rob Halford opening.

If my hearing starts to disappear, I'll know why.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Don: Damn you!! ;)

Mike: My friend has that show. (Pm me for any info) We saw them here in Sac on that same tour. Also in Los Angeles on the Dance of Death tour.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
what's up with the dvd-audio? I can't find it anywhere other than in the UK and I don't trust that to work in my dvd player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks