What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

interesting article I read about Facts Of Life on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jon Baker

Second Unit
There were quite a few major stars who started their careers with a guest appearance on FOL. If I remember correctly George Clooney joined the cast sometime after Charlotte Rae left the show.

I loved season 1 because there were more girls, plus with the show being tied in with Diffrent Strokes and Hello Larry we got to see Dana Plato and Kim Richards in a few episodes. However, I think the show matured once Nancy McKeon was brought into the cast.

Aside from all that, Facts of Life, provided quite a few 'life lessons' and controversial storylines which set it apart from most sitcoms which came out during the 80's.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, Charlotte Rae was still there when George Clooney appeared. He appeared in the 1985-86 season...Charlotte left in 1986 so George appeared in Charlotte's last season. I think he was there when they were remodeling Edna's Edibles (which had burned down) into a shop called Over Our Heads (or something like that).

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I was on the fence about buying or renting this title, but I think I'm going to pick it up as it is under $30 bucks for the set. I only wish that the season finale of Diff'rent Strokes Season 1 was included as an extra. I guess I will be renting that disc first.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
season 1/2 is doing very well on Amazon, in the 200's, not bad for a 25 year old sitcom. In comparison, Diff'rent Strokes was never higher than #1100 when it was getting ready to come out. Hopefully this translates to sales and maybe we'll see season 3 by year end too :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
One thing I was thinking about last night:

When it comes time to release the two movies (in Paris and Australia)...what will Sony do with them? Will they handle them in the correct way as 2-hour movies, or will they released the cut-down 4-episode syndicated versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks