What's new

interesting article I read about Facts Of Life on DVD (1 Viewer)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Well, maybe Sony really is starting to read this board! This is great news- really makes my day as I love both of the first seasons. Although it makes me a little sad, too, as this and Justice League season sets were my last big wishes for DVD. Ah well, still good to see.

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Great news, but I will only be buying this set if the original network videos are used and not the syndicated cut versions.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I have a feeling they'll be the network versions, Sony has been supplying uncut episodes to Comcast On Demand, so hopefully we should be getting the same prints for DVD.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
FOL and Ally McBeal announced on the same day, it's like I died and went to heaven, those were two of the last "must have" shows that word hasn't gotten out on a DVD until now.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I would buy all nine seasons of this show. I watched it from beginning to end and loved all of it.

When I was younger I got the chance to meet Lisa Weschel and she was so nice. Definitely nothing like her character on the show. Infact, a little trivia for you all....

Lisa was a very religious person (still is today and runs a website all about homeschooling) and during the later years as Blair got older they were going to have her lose her virginity, but Lisa felt that it was not really something she wanted to portray in her character and that it would be very bad for her fans. So instead they opted for Mindy Cohen's character to lose her virginity instead.

Lisa Weschel gave me her H.S picture and signed it for me. I still have it to this day. lol.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I also watched this show from the night it premiered to it's finale years later. I think the first season is very cute and underrated. But I believe they chose the best girls to keep when the show was revamped.

"When the boys you used to hate you date. I guess you best investigate . . . The Facts Of Life !"

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, Facts won't be out in June.... it will be out SOONER :)

after five years of wanting this on DVD (this and Roseanne were the two I've been waiting for since I made my first TV-DVD purchase with Sex And The City), this news is just great, when I saw the caption on TSOD, I thought that us FOL fans were getting shorthanded again

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Gord, quick question.

I notice you just posted May 9th as a possible release date for season 1. Is it JUST season 1? Up till now I was lead to believe seasons 1 and 2 were coming out together. Season 1 alone will outflop Kate And Allie :frowning: Now 1 and 2 together, we're talking.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
We're not sure yet, but that's something we should find out when it's officially announced.

Gord

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
oh ok, coolies. Knowing Sony, it likely is seasons 1 and 2, I was just freaking when the header said "possible season 1 release date", lol

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
okay, I can happy dance now!!!!!

I am so glad it's finally coming. I just am gonna cross my fingers that it sells well because FOL fans are a very loyal bunch and this is a set a lot of us have waited YEARS for.

The Facts Of Life and The Golden Girls coming out on the same day... what more can a gay boy want? haha

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
How about a better looking cover?

Of course, what any boy or girl, gay or straight, should be hoping for most is the presence of uncut episodes.

Of course, were this coming two weeks earlier it would have been in time for my birthday.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I am thinking the 610 is a typo and that it's really 710 minutes, which would average out to about 24 1/2 minutes per episode, which was normal for 1979-1981

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Hey, Mrs. Garrett, here's the cover art! I think it's great and colorful and oh, so conveniently leaves out the girls who populated the first season. I hear they were kidnapped by aliens.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5191

I'm thrilled that both seasons are coming out together. What more could any fan ask for ? I'm hoping it sells well enough for more seasons to come out.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
That was an interesting read. I had already pre-ordered this set anyway and will be glad to get it in my hands. I like all the seasons but I have a special fondness for the last several years when they were no longer kids but young women...so I do obviously hope that the entire series gets released. I'll buy every volume that comes out.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'll take the good. I'll take the bad. I'll take em both and there I'll have The Facts Of Life.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, my worst nightmare didn't come true: The episodes are uncut.

The first episode apparently runs shorter than all the rest. Without a copy of the NBC broadcast of it I couldn't tell you why.

andyEckles

Agent
I think maybe a lot of pilot episodes run shorter than the regular weekly episodes. It was with Knots, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks