What's new

Infocus 4805 placement question (1 Viewer)

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Hello everyone,
I've got a Toshiba TDP-MT200 that I have on loan at home right now. I have been having a hell of a time trying to position this thing putting it on a coffee table. It seems that there is an unfixable tilt to the picture (can only be tilted on the left side of the projector) and I can't fix it with keystone.

I think I have decided on the SP4805 instead of this based on price versus features and PQ. I will be ceiling mounted, but I am now concerned about a projector that doesn't have lens shift for placement!

I will be running on a 90" screen.
Can anyone give me an idea on how far back from the screen, placement side to side (I assume in the direct centre of the screen), and how far above the screen the projector has to be? This makes me concerned when it comes to DIY mounts that I may not have enough flexibility!

Thanks!
Mike

Victor Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 4800 which is very similar. According to the infocus site you will need a minimum of 11.58 and a maximum of 13.93 feet. Offset will be 1.02 feet. The lens must be centered on the screen. Mine needed to be mounted 2.95 inches off center to line the lens up correctly. As far as DIY mounts go, I made mine from a speaker mount (comes in pairs) you get a walmart that have an adjustable ball mount (cost under 10 dollars). Cut down a piece of abs plastic and bolted it all together and it works great.

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply Victor.

As far as vertical alignment, where will the projector be in relationship to the top of the screen?

Victor Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
When the throw is within the ranges I gave you above the offset will be 1.02 feet down from center of lense to top of screen. Now your lense will of course be lower than the cieling so you'll need to figure out how far down from cieling your mount will place the lense. Add that distance to the 1.02 feet.

James Phung

Second Unit
The 4805 has a ~27.4% vertical offset. The distance from lens to top of your screen (for ceiling mount) will be 27.4% of your picture height.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks