What's new

InFocus 10 day demo questions (1 Viewer)

Sacha_C

Second Unit
I went to a few home theater stores to see 2X colorwheel projectors to see if I saw rainbows, as I expected they only had high end DLP projectors ($5000 CAD+) so I obvisouly didnt see any rainbows at all even when moving my eyes across the screen.

I saw the Toshiba MT5U which has a 4x colorwheel and didnt see rainbows even if I tried, does this mean I wont see rainbows or at least not much on an X1?

Do any people see rainbws on 4x projectors? I'm just really happy I didnt see any on that once because then the X1 would have been horrible.

Anyway, what I really want to know is if I apply for the demo, do I have to be home at the time of delivery? I can normally come home early from college when I'm expecting a delivery, but this week there's an course where you can't leave whenever you want like normally (it had to be just when I need the demo :angry: ), can I say like deliver it after 1PM since that's when I get home?

And to return it, do you have to find a UPS facility? I heard they can come pick it up, again, can you specify the pickup time?

Thanks

Sacha_C

Second Unit
I know most people dont see them and of course ill see them more on 2x, and what do you mean same day pick up? same day as what? The free trial has free shipping both ways doesnt it?

I dont want to go spend $1500 CAD on the X1 and find out I cant stand the rainbows even though the chances are slim, it's still a lot of money for me.

BTW I'm clickhere2surf on avsforums

Thanks

Andrew B

Agent
Here are my experiences on the rainbows. I have seen a 2x color wheel on a Yamaha projector and saw quite a few rainbows. I have recently seen a 5x color wheel on a Sharp DT 200 and did not see any rainbows. I would personally never get a projector with a 2x wheel because I found the rainbows way to distracting. Anyway that my 2 cents, everybody is different when it comes to seeing the rainbows, hopefully you will make out OK with the X1.

Andrew

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
When I was evaluating the X1 for free (10 days) I finally got myself to see rainbows. It was extremely hard work to see them. I had to move eye eys extremely rapidly in order to get them to appear, and if I did that, I would feel dizzy. If I was just watching the movie regularly, I never saw them, because my eyes don't move like that naturally.

As for your other questions:

YES, you do have to be home when they deliver the X1 to your house.

NO can't specify the time you want them to deliver it (although mine came around 2 pm).

YES you have to find a UPS station in order to fed-ex the X1 back. I found one about 15 miles away from my house. They didn't charge me anything to ship it back, BUT they charged me $2 cash for using "tape" on the box. The tape that was already on the box was really old, and they were going to re-tape it.

As for them picking up the X1 from your house....I didn't try it that way, so I have no knowledge of that.

I hope that helps.

Sacha_C

Second Unit
"YES you have to find a UPS station in order to fed-ex the X1 back"

You mean UPS will take it to their biggest competitor instead of sending it themselves? :D

Thanks for the info

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Its almost a guarantee you will see some rainbows with the X1, its just a matter if they bother you. I think the majority of people can see them, its just they don't bother most. It sometimes takes a week or so, but eventually you will probably see them. Here you can see my opinion after looking all over for rainbows the first two days I had the X1 and here you can see what happened after five days with the X1.

Since then, I now have about 600 hours on my X1 and I couldn't be happier with my decision. The key to watching the X1 is to view the screen like you would a movie, not like a painting, if that makes sense.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
You mean UPS will take it to their biggest competitor instead of sending it themselves?
I'm serious. That's what happened when I took the X1 to them. The X1 has a bunch of papers and stickers that come with it, so it's easy for you to send it back to them. The paper it comes with comes pre-paid Fed-Ex 2 day delivery. I gave that paper to the UPS company and they shipped it out for me.

Chriss M

Second Unit
you don't have to take it to UPS to return it. You can simply call, or go to UPS.com and schedule a free pickup.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Okay, i am CURRENTLY right now demoing the X1, and here are the instructions to send it back:

1. Make sure all equipment is packaged as it was when it was recieved, including all diskettes, manuals, and cables. Use item checklist where provided.

2. YOu will find enclosed:
a) Pre-printed return courier way-bill
b) Courier barcoded tracking lables for use with the return waybill
c) Packing list detailing all items you must return

3. Follow the instructions:
a) After safely repacking all products for transit, please blackout OLD SHIPPING LABELS ONLY, to avoid confusion when product is in transit
b) Please leave product serial numbers unmarked
c) Attatch one courier barcoded tracking label per box (alongside shipping label)
d) Call the courier on the provided return waybill for pickup of your demo product:
Fedex: 1-800-463-3339

4. To ensure no charges will be incurred by you when returning the product use Prepaid waybill provided. Please keep a copy of the waybill as proof of shipment.
So sending it back seems pretty easy... As for getting it delivered on time, im not sure ofthat...

TerryS

Agent
If you are able, it is probably easiest to have it delivered to work. That is the only way I could guarantee there would be someone to sign for it.

I also shipped it back out from work. Since we already have UPS pickups everyday anyway, this wasn't a big deal.

Just a thought if your job allows this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks