What's new

infinity center channel opinions wanted (1 Viewer)

Lee Petty

Stunt Coordinator
i am looking at the infinity center channels for my speaker system. there are 2 models available to me, the entra and the entra two. the differences are that the entra one is a bass-reflex cabinet, has a freq response of 95-20k, sensitivity 89db, and handles 125w. it uses dual 4" woofers.
for $100 more, the entra two offers dual 5.25" woofers, a sealed cabinet, freq response of 80-20k (only 15hz lower than the entra one), sensitivity 90db (only 1db higher) and handles 150w.

for the price, im looking at going with just the entra one, but should i really consider spending the extra money for those differences?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
What's a better match w/ your mains? If it were me, I would spring for the better center, as it is the workhorse of the home theater. Well, that along w/ the sub!

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I have never heard the entracentertwo, but the entracenter to me is the weakpoint of the entra line. It's a "tad" boxy sounding, but maybe it's me.

Richard Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, I own Infinity's all around except for my sub (an SVS 25-31 PCi) and my center: a Boston Acoustics VR-910. I find the BA speakers match very well with the tonal quality of the Infinity speakers. While staying "in brand" can be an advantage, it's only a strong one if you are matching actual drivers to get an absolute match between speakers. If you are jumping between different drivers in a brand family, you might want to look at other brands that come close to matching the Infinity tone.

Rich

peter_anderson

Stunt Coordinator
Lee Petty: i have the entra center 1, which is matched with Axiom M40s (don't ask) and I would definitely go with the entra center 2 for the larger woofers. not that the "1" is struggling, it just sounds wimpy next to the M40s.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
I agree with the rest about spending the extra bucks. A good center should go down to at least 80Hz. I believe the difference of 15Hz will be apparent. Good luck.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Speaking of, get your local CC to check if they have any Infinity Interludes left. They are going for the same price as the Entras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks