What's new

Opinions on Onkyo TX-NR535 or recievers you recomend (1 Viewer)

titan27

Grip
Real Name
Jon
So I am trying to find a receiver for my theater room for the house that we are buying and found this receiver on a good sale for $250. My speakers consists of 2 infinity primus 360 and primus 250. I am going to buy the infinity PC351 for my center channel speaker. I just wanted to get a few opinions if anyone has owned or heard anything about this receiver and if you might suggest another one. Thanks

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
What is your budget for the AVR? What kind of setup are you going for 5.1, 71. 9.2...? What features are you looking for in the AVR (BT, wifi, zone 2)? Are you open to getting refurb or want to go with only new?

titan27

Grip
Real Name
Jon
My budget would be around $200-$300 maybe more, my setup will be a 5.1 and wifi and bluetooth is nice but I dont know how necessary it is. This is going to my theater room where I will be mainly watching movies, maybe gaming a little. would spend more but with having to buy speakers, projector, and some furniture for the room, i don't really want to spend over $500 on a receiver but don't want to get something that is junk. As far a a refurbished one I wouldn't think i would mind.

itsukisama

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny
I don't have that modem, but I do have the model above it which is the TX-NR636. I had an Onkyo receiver before this one and it lasted me quite a long time [At least 4 years]. I recently decided to get a new one since my main issue was I needed HDMI ports. I haven't had any issues with mine. The only thing I would recommend it is to rig a fan for the receiver since Onyko's do get quite hot, but they are reliable as long as you give them steady airflow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks