What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Indy will almost certainly be on Walt Disney Records.

They usually don't release scores physically now, but all three of the Star Wars sequel scores by Williams did get CDs. So we'll see.

If anything, I suspect we'd get a longer version released digitally, which they did with both Infinity War and Endgame.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
To say nothing of the fact she appears to be an extreme alcoholic. Oh, so difficult to enjoy these old films for some folks now.

I mean, it is a movie, not reality nor a guide on how we should conduct ourselves in life.
You have it right. When I first watched the film (and every time since) I had my “this is a fanatasy” lenses on. So I never thought she was an alcoholic, just a gal who could hold her liquor. Does any one really think Indy can take the beatings he does in this one film, and survive? So let’s cut her some slack and remember she’s drinking film alcohol just like The Thin Man.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Impressive!!
go to 11 spinal tap GIF

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
You have it right. When I first watched the film (and every time since) I had my “this is a fanatasy” lenses on. So I never thought she was an alcoholic, just a gal who could hold her liquor. Does any one really think Indy can take the beatings he does in this one film, and survive? So let’s cut her some slack and remember she’s drinking film alcohol just like The Thin Man.

Not to mention (because it's been mentioned constantly over the past 40 years) how he managed to hang on to the submarine for its trip to the no-name island where Belloq performed his ritual. :D

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Not to mention (because it's been mentioned constantly over the past 40 years) how he managed to hang on to the submarine for it's trip to the no-name island where Belloq performed his ritual. :D
In either the novelization or the Marvel comic (or both), it’s explained that he strapped himself to the periscope with his whip, thus letting him breathe. Of course, this assumes the sub was near enough to the surface the whole time. It’s just a movie, and a damn good one at that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In either the novelization or the Marvel comic (or both), it’s explained that he strapped himself to the periscope with his whip, thus letting him breathe. Of course, this assumes the sub was near enough to the surface the whole time. It’s just a movie, and a damn good one at that.
I'm pretty sure it's just the comic book. The crazy thing is that the adaptation is only three issues so they had to cram an entire movie into under 75 pages and they still took the time to explain that.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Perhaps this has been discussed but Jones has a line in the trailer “It’s not so much what you believe, but how hard you believe it.” It sounds nice and I realize I’m taking it out of context (hell, a trailer often quotes a movie out of context), but if I take this literally, this is a very morally wrong position to take.

There have been plenty of people who fervently believed in their purely evil philosophy of life. I’m going to hope the movie places this line in a context that that makes moral sense.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m hearing what you’re saying as the point of the line - like he’s saying something to the effect of, “It’s one thing to believe in the Ark of the Covenant being real, and it’s another thing to kill people to try to get it.” That it’s how people with similar beliefs act on them makes the difference.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Perhaps this has been discussed but Jones has a line in the trailer “It’s not so much what you believe, but how hard you believe it.” It sounds nice and I realize I’m taking it out of context (hell, a trailer often quotes a movie out of context), but if I take this literally, this is a very morally wrong position to take.

There have been plenty of people who fervently believed in their purely evil philosophy of life. I’m going to hope the movie places this line in a context that that makes moral sense.
Yeah well, it's all true, as you know: 'Crazy thing is... it's true. The Force, the Jedi. All of it. It's all true.'

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This surprises me only because Cannes is so much earlier than the film's release date. Crystal Skull also premiered at Cannes, but that opened ahead of Memorial Day. The release date of June 30 is much farther out. If Disney is willing to unveil it so far in advance, they must really believe in the quality of the film and believe the buzz will be really good coming out of the festival. If the word of mouth is bad, we'll know that much earlier than usual. So I think this move demonstrates their confidence in the film. That's good news.

Cineman

Second Unit
Real Name
David B.
Not to mention (because it's been mentioned constantly over the past 40 years) how he managed to hang on to the submarine for its trip to the no-name island where Belloq performed his ritual. :D
I would also mention that, unless I blinked and missed it, we never actually see how he makes that tricky move from being dragged behind the truck to climbing back onto it again. Amazing, unseen leg work there I would say.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is very strange. They are very careful with secrecy and now the spoilers will be out there for more than a month?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks