What's new

In July (Im Juli.) - Info & Question (1 Viewer)

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Hello,

The german movie In July (Im juli.) will be released this June 8, 2004.

Studio: Koch Lorber
Closed Captioning: NA
Languages: German
Subtitles: English
DVD bonus features: Original Theatrical Trailer
DVD aspect ratio: Widescreen, Enhanced for 16:9
Audio: 5.1 Surround Sound
Running Time: 76 minutes
Genre: Comedy
UPC number (DVD): 741952301790
Catalog Number: KLF-3017

I have some question, maybe you can help me.

1) Do you know if the Studio Koch Lorber make good DVD? How is the previous video & sound qualities on other product?
2) Do you know if the "76 minutes" is the uncut movie? Because on the IMDB database page, it's "99 minutes". Maybe it's the transfert PAL to NTSC?

Thanks!

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
We got a copy in at my video store, and the box lists the running time as 96 minutes, rather than 76.

--K

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick,

Since this doesn't go out on the shelf 'til Tuesday, I took it home and watched it last night.

Picture and sound seemed quite good to me, but I don't have a big set up or anything, and I'm no expert.

A quick note on subtitles: On my DVD player, they were white with black outlines -- kind of a weird font, but I got used to it after a while. The subtitles kept missing lines, though, and after about 6 or 8 times in the first 20 minutes, I put the DVD in my PlayStation 2 and played it with that instead. I went back to the beginning of the chapter and it displayed the subtitles just fine for the lines it had previously missed. Weirder, the subtitles were now yellow. I've never heard of subtitles changing color when played on different machines!

Pretty good movie, too. Have you seen it? I'll be recommending it to all the neo-hippy kids that come in.

--K

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
A big thank you Karl F for testing it for me! I seen this movie on TV last year with french subtitles (I'm french from Quebec).

The movie is really good! For those who don't know the movie, if you like mnovie in the "Amelie" style, you'll love it! It's kind of a road movie, with humor and plenty of misadventure, a little like "After Hours". And the german actress are very beautiful too! :emoji_thumbsup:

Weird for the subtitles. I pre-ordered the DVD, I'll post here my comments on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks