What's new

Impressed with JVC 7800 SVHS but now really learning to dislike non-letterbox (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Watching a rarely watched VHS tape, True Romance, I was impressed with how good the video quality was like on my JVC TV using a new JVC 7800 SVHS vcr. The TBC digital noise reduction made a noticable difference which made the picture approach Laserdisc and DVD quality. Of course not in resolution, but wow the colour and lack of noise was impressive.
The movie True Romance is a weird movie for me. I don't like the celebration of violence, and yet the writing, acting and direction are so great. I did get pissed off with the P & S of this movie because often characters heads were chopped of when they were both opposite one another and practically falling off the screen. Oh well. Perhaps I'll throw away this tape when the bloody violence gets too much to take, or instead I'll get the LD or DVD. All depends on my mood.
[Edited last by Chris PC on October 28, 2001 at 07:13 PM]

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I was just as excited when I got my 7600 (a year ago) and the first movie I tested at the time was Independence Day before it was released on DVD. Then I put in the Star Wars Trilogy and the Indiana Jones trilogy both sets in letterbox. DNR/TBC really does wonders with the picture. Laserdisc quality I would say yes, DVD quality well let's just say on some movies it'll be the closest you can get to DVD with out a laserdisc player. Satellite recording is also awesome.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks