What's new
World Wide Stereo

Impedance of Velodyne SPL1000 (1 Viewer)

MrDave

Grip
Real Name
David
Hello everyone. I found my way to these forums due to a little technical question that came up.

I have a Velodyne SPL1000 over here, and it's just the raw driver. I may use it in a custom HT setup, but I do not know the voice coil configuration of this sub. Could anyone tell me the Ohm rating?

Thanks.

728x90

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You need more than just the voice coil impedance to properly build a sub. You need the basic Theile/Small parameters. A digital multi-meter will tell you the resistance of the voice coil. Woofer Tester 3 from Parts Express will give you the impedance as well as the T/S parameters.

-Robert

MrDave

Grip
Real Name
David
Yes, I am very knowledgeable in enclosure bulding and T/S parameter aspects. I do not plan to build a new and different enclosure. I am just going to build a replica of the Velodyne enclosure, but in a styling I enjoy. The only thing I wanted to know was the impedance so I know my options. Unfortunately, I do not have a meter, and was hoping someone knew the resistance off the top of their heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks