What's new

Imagine You're In a Foxhole... (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I am amazed that no one mentioned John Wayne.
Amazed, and impressed with your grasp of actual history. Wayne never spent a day in the military.
Lee Marvin (an ex-Marine) and Audie Murphy (the most decorated soldier from WWII) are excellent choices.
I choked when I saw Brian Dennehy's name.
There's a special place in hell for scumbags who lie about their combat service. Mr. Dennehy will occupy that special place.
I'd like to nominate the late Eddie Albert. His war experience was exemplary, a real genuine fearless hero.
And, I've been in a foxhole.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If I had a chance of getting out, Keanu Reeves. If I didn't have a chance, Monica Bellucci. I'd rather not have Pauly Shore by my side. Hmm, now that I think of it, I'm not sure if Pauly Shore is an actor...;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
If it got down to hand-to-hand combat, Jet Li. But with bullets flying, does it really make a difference if you have no weapons to shoot back with?

There's been mention of older actors who served in WW2. Are there any current actors who served in Vietnam, and were decorated? I think Oliver Stone (I know, director, not actor) served -- just checked Wikipedia, awarded Bronze Star and Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster. Dale Dye similarly received the Bronze Star, and 3 Purple Hearts.

Ah, this list might be useful:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...m_War_veterans
I see Andy Sipowicz, sorry Dennis Franz, is a vet.

Blu

Screenwriter
G. Gordon Liddy served in Korea and had a acting career. It wasn't a great acting career but I believe he was a member of SAG.

R. Lee Ermey served in Vietnam I believe.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
To hell with having an actor in a foxhole with me, I'd want both armor and ordinance to return fire with! :D

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

I think everyone is missing the original premise of the thread but what we're supposed to be agreeing on what "actor" or "actress" we would like to have not what character they played. I think this leaves either someone with military experience or someone as a distraction. I would like to change my decision from Ron Jeremy to Michael Jordan, while the enemy is in line waiting for an autograph I'll make good my escape.

The one actor I wouldn't want is Andy Dick, he wouldn't be much of a distraction and too much of a light weight to absorb rounds to make my escape.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

C'mon, your chastising people for silly responses to a silly premise ?

Good point about MJ. After autographs, they would all start a craps game or bet 100 bucks a putt. Definitely provides enough time for me to weasel out the back....

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
King Kong.

(Yeah, I know he's a character, but I don't remember who played in that role.)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
If you ask a silly question, how can you get a silly response? By the fact that the response is silly, means there was some thought put into it, so wouldn't that make it a smart response?

LOL

I apologize to all those robots whose heads just exploded. :)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

But shouldn't we respect the request of the silly OP who started this thread? :D

... and speaking of Chu, wouldn't Jonny Depp be ok because if things get too tough because he might know of the proper way to surrender due to his stay in France?:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks