What's new

I'm SIIIIICK!!! (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I rarely get sick, but... IM SICK!
Anybody else with me here?

There seems to be like an epidemic going on, at school last week like half of the students were sick!!! Looks like im hit.

Im not sure what i have.. Flu? cold? Im not too good with 'sick' symptoms, but i think its pretty common...

I got an itchy throat, dry cough
It hurts my head when i shake my head
My neck is stiff
My body's cold but my head is hot

Cough? Flu? Cold?

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Everyone I know has been sick. Thought I might be catching something as well...aching muscles, feeling a bit lethargic. Then I realized, I'm not sick...I'm getting old. :frowning: :thumbsdown:

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Vitamin C.

I swear by it.

I feel for you though. When I get sick, I get hit hard. HOpe you feel better.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
i was like you...rarely got sick, but last week and a year ago I got hit real bad. Exactly what you describe. The doctor said it was a virual infection and gave me some meds to help the cough and congestion. It'll take a less than a week to run its course. hope you feel better

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with Thomas...Vitamin C!

As soon as I feel a cold coming on, (usually by a scratchy throat), I start chugging the OJ. "They" are claiming zinc works wonders as well.

I have never, I repeat, NEVER, been sick worse then a cold, in all my 28 years. In most cases, the cold is gone in about 1 to 2 days.

I can't stress how important it is to get Vitamin C. Just brush you teeth after you drink a bunch of OJ...it's hard on your teeth.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nick!

My 16-year-old daughter had what-it-sounds-like-you've-got. It hung on for a long time because her doctor wasn't sure either.

He finally prescribed an antiobiotic which kicked it after it ran its course.

Good luck!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Hmmm...feverish?, stiff neck, itchy throat...no rash?..some tender lymph nodes?...maybe just flu.....but then again if u answered yes to any of those questions, go see a doctor STAT!

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Michael*K -- you also live in Chicago and it's February bud ;) Never underestimate the potential misery in the Windy City mid-winter...

Lived in Chicago, Salinas, San Francisco, England, and Denver. Chicago was by far the worst place in the winter.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
NyQuil, the cure all medicine. Throw away the measuring cap and just turn the bottle up!

As Denis Leary said, "Are you drunk?" "No, I have a cold!"

He also said another line about NyQuil, but repeating it would probably get me kicked off the HTF!:D :D

Hope you feel better soon!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
"They" are claiming zinc works wonders as well.
I've been using Zinc the past few years and it works well for me. I start popping zinc lozenges the minute I feel symptoms coming on. It doesn't "cure" or stop a cold but it will reduce the duration & intensity of the symptoms.

And yes, I take a Vitamin C supplement every day year-round.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Ahh, nothing like being sick as nature's reminder to us that we are vulnerable we really are.
Seriously though it sounds like a simple cold. The Flu would have you bedridden for days with a 102+ fever. However keep an eye any fever you may come down with. Usually the chills that you get is when you're body is starting to crank up it's internal thermostat which in turn causes your body temp to rise. Tylenol, Fluids like OJ, and rest are the best things but if anything gets worse you should seek a doctor's advice.

Jeff

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Thanks alot guys... I felt really crappy last night and this morning, but i'm recovering (hopefully) really well, and im feelin pretty good right now... My chills are gone, my neck/body isnt as stiff... I didnt really have a fever at all thank goodness...
I just got the gross 'sick' taste in my mouth, a bit of cough, and my head hurts when i shake my head. Hopefully i can go back to school tomrrow (oh man how geeky does that sound lol)

I've taken some Advil Cold and Sinus, some Neo Citron (canadians would know what this is), as well as ate 3/4 of a grapefruit to get my Vit.C :)

KyleK

Second Unit
It sure seems like an epidemic here. Over one third of the people in my school were home sick. Everyone in my family has gotten it, thankfully it doesn't last too long.

Bright side: There has been talk of school closure. WOOHOO!

Kyle:D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
My sinuses are just starting to return to normal. That is, mildly congested. Damn allergies! When I'm not sick, I'm sneezing and have a runny nose. When I really am sick, I sneeze and have a runny nose. I can't win.

It's probably the lack of humidity...makes my mucus membranes swell up. 20-25% relative humidity is damn dry.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
ack.. im pretty much better except for this damned cough!

Man, its a painful dry cough... my throat hurts, my abs hurt from coughing so much lol... Aaack... Helllp me, whats good to get rid of a cough?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks