What's new

Idea regarding Star Trek boxes (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The second part of Voyager's Dark Frontier was on tonight, and it got me thinking: wouldn't it be neat if two-parters were viewable as both two individual episodes and one two-hour episode? I don't know if seamless branching would be the way to go, but I think the choice would be great. So, for completion's sake, we'd get the "Last time on Star Trek: The Next Generation" intro with scenes from the previous episode, but we'd also be able to watch it without interruption. Anyone second this?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Don't even have to seamless branch it. Just insert a command "If movie then goto chapter 2"
That'd be sweet
Jeff Kleist

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I agree, that's a good idea for two-parters within a single season. But the season-ending cliffhangers and their season-opening conclusions are going to be in separate boxes, so it won't work for them.
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Anyone who has the LD set "The Borg Collective" can view "The Best of Both Worlds" as one 90+ minute episode. I prefer to watch this episode that way, avoiding the narrative review of the prior episode.
[Edited last by Jeff_HR on September 18, 2001 at 12:34 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks