What's new

I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Prayers to the family.

I'll probably end up with Alzheimers. It runs very deep in my family, for many generations.

My memory is already failing in significant ways. For example, the strangest thing I have noticed is the emotional component being completely absent in past memories, which previously were very intensely emotional for me.

I was given up for adoption, so have no genetic history. In a way I kind of like it, since Schizophrenia runs in my adoptive family. I was the first child for my parents, they couldn't reproduce, but when they adopted me, suddenly the plumbing started working, so two brothers and a sister :) Never treated as an adopted child, just a regular member of the family, but no medical background, so I just go on with life.

It's nice, I don't have to worry about what might be lurking in the background, I'll never know what may be coming up, but I think there might have been signs by now. I do have to get a new knee installed (just like replacing parts in a car:D), but that's not genetic.

Cancer is awful. I've got a friend who literally has been told he will probably die this summer. I don't know how he can deal with it. The constant chemotherapy, the drugs, etc. Nothing helps, the doctors have given up, it can't be stopped.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Update: Hospice has been called in already, and they're giving him at most about 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks