What's new

I want a really really strong sub. Sunfire or is SVS the way to go? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You are 100% correct I went overboard intentionally so jesse could see the svs cult swoop down to destroy those who oppose the cult.
So in others words: you flamebaited. Or trolled. Or thread-farted. Choose your appropriate adjective.

Tom_V,

I doubt he's going to name his "buddy" who owns a PB2. In fact, his purposeful non-response to your (now twice posted) inquiry is leading me to believe that his buddy may not even exist at all (and his "audition of a PB2 vs. Revel" may never have happened).

It's quite apparent that Eric (from past posts) has a chip on his shoulder. If he wants to do a true SVS vs. Revel (or any other brand) it's real easy to do a write up and post it here. Take some digital cam pics (they're cheap nowadays, and surely one of his many "buds who tested out the subs" has one). Post it, along with a well-thought out review. That's much better than making inflammatory remarks in other threads.

PS - I ain't an SVS cult member. Own a Energy 12" sub. But have heard a boxed SVS, and many of these owners on the forum I've known for many years. They are good people, and most here are remarkably good at admitting when they got "bang for buck" vs. "ultimate equipment." From what I've heard and read: SVS seems to finally be melding those two concepts.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
As much as I'd love to do an A/B with my PB-2+ and any number of other higher end subs, I know it'll never happen unless someone brings their sub to me because there is NO WAY I'm moving mine out of the house much less a couple feet. Many of the other upper ends subs are also quite large and heavy. It would take some very determined individuals to get a pair of them together...I think Eric is only determined to rile others up.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Alex.. you my friend have hit the nail on the head...
Ya all have a good holiday weekend..!!!

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
As far as my white shirt is concerned, would the SVS white shirt work? All I need is a SVS tie.

Tom, when will you be making a tie? When you come up with one, I will go door to door! :D

Maybe I should get a new bicycle. I don't think anyone would take me seriously riding one of my boys BMX bikes! And where would I put the sub. It's too heavy for the handle bars! I can just see it now, people all over the country riding in two by two, going neighborhood to neighborhood. What a site that would be!

Jeff

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Don't make us drink Koolaide. . .

That is really funny! I had to stop laughing and close down explorer so that my employees didn't know I was surfing the internet when I first read this thread.

In any event, seriously, is his friend returning this sub or not? I'm trying to convince my wife now that I really need an SVS sub based on all the stuff I'm reading.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Jay,

Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness...;) Of course that may also put you on the 'Not Gettin' Any' list for awhile and that's no good either. Just kidding, I'd never make a big purchase like that without consulting first either.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,

There is nobody returning a sub the like of a PB2+ that I am aware of, or have even heard of. His friend, you know... the one he eludes to, is just a figment of this mans mind. Kinda like having an invisable friend CAUSE NOBODY LIKES YOU.

Bob Jr is now his official name :)

Alex,

I used to live in Anchorage for about 10 years, I still miss it badly, but the wife says I aint going back :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I think Bob Jr would be a very appropriate name also. What do you think Mike Sloan? Hasn't Bob actually sent you a few mails?

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
What a complete Troll.

No, he didn't compare SVS anything. His buddy probably has a Bose Bass enclosure and he put his Revel against it so he could feel better about the money he spent!

He clearly has buyers remorse about spending all that money on a sub who's performance he could have gotten for 1/2 the price.

Answer the question Eric...."Name your buddy so Tom can help him or stay off these threads."

You have no integrity at this point.

BTW: I don't own an SVS.

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Alex,

Exactly: I've got to consult or it will be some long summer nights spent alone! Ha!

This thread is one of the funniest I have read in a long time.

By the way, this is a dumb question but I need to know: how is everyone quoting a previous message by putting in those graph lines to show what you are replying to?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Jay,

Copy the text, hit the "Quote" button above the posting area and copy the text into the quote window that pops up.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Alex,

I used to live in Anchorage for about 10 years, I still miss it badly, but the wife says I aint going back
That's too bad David, does she know what she's missing? There aren't many other places I'd rather be, as long as I can get to Hawai'i for a couple of weeks in the winter.:D

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Alex,

We moved from Alaska to Honolulu, HI, where we lived for almost 10 years. Some of our good friends remain there in Anchorage and were planning a vacation up there in the next few years, but my fondness of warm weather and golf keeps delaying the trip. She (WAF) has had a taste of the good life on the beaches of the Hawaiian Islands. I really miss fishing on the Kenai :) Wonderful memories from up there, we lived on Diamond Blvd, before they built the mall!

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
David,

That is too funny! I moved from the Hawai'i (the Big Island) to Alaska about 22 years ago. My developing fondness for golf, although I still completely suck, is one thing that I might consider moving for someday.:D

I've almost given up on fishing though. I remember being able to go the the Russian River or Willow Creek and have no problems finding a spot to fish, now people are lined up 3 deep tossing lines over one anothers heads. To get a decent fishing experience now you really have to get somewhere remote.:frowning:

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered my PB2+ one week ago as of tomorrow. I'm having doubts, since Eric has made valid, concise, and informed arguments against the SVS cult. I'm even thinking about burning my current SVS 20-39PC+. How could I have ever been so stupid, so brain washed? NOT!!!!!! I am a cult member based on comparisons of varous consumer brand subs, Velodynes, Polks, Klipse, etc. SVS blows them all away. Everything I have read online regarding SVS has been accurate and factual. Absolutely great subs for great prices. The competition stock holders are worried as sales volumes drop. I have my koolaid in the fridge and I'm waiting for the PB2+ spaceship to orbit close to earth and I'm taking the big journey. :D If I don't get my PB2+ soon, there is no SVS god. Is TomV God? Would that make Ron, Jesus? If I pray to them, will my sub get here any sooner? But I'm not a member of the cult. :alien: Wait a minute, this isn't one of those neutering cults is it?

Mark All

Second Unit
I'm a wannabe cult member, having ordered an SVS PB2-ISD yesterday.

Will I get a white robe with my subwoofer? I'm glad this isn't the kind of cult where I'd have to give away all my worldly possessions (except the sub), shave my head, and hand out flowers at bus stations with an ear to ear grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks