What's new

I told myself I'd never build another PC again... (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
BTW, was quickly googling for a fun parody of gamer PC building maybe w/ some Star Wars themed laser light show fun (because of this pervasive trend w/ fanciful RBG lighting), but only found this (admittedly a year late) instead, haha...

WARNING: Not really for the easily offended, (other kind of) PC adherent to appreciate (not that we're overrun w/ them on HTF of course)... :P and certainly, the folks at the Verge (and parent company, Vox) reacted rather badly to it...

Cheers!

_Man_

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I must admit I find all the RBG light show thing that seems pervasive nowadays a tad silly and over-the-top... but whadaya gonna do, but just enjoy it for what it is? :P:D

Makes me wonder though about the extra bit of power consumption and heat generation... though I guess that's probably just a rather trivial nitpick... :P
I think there is a setting in the BIOS to turn all that crap off.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Think I may go ahead and upgrade the old Dell XPS i7-4770 machine's graphics w/ a EVGA(?) GTX 1660 Ti for light gaming, better video, etc afterall -- probably pushing it to its limit I think.

Been thinking about getting an ultrawide 34" 1440p monitor for it (and other uses, maybe including occasional? dual PC/source) since I'm seeing some good deals lately... which would likely benefit a lot from the graphics upgrade.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Fans on my new build are currently running somewhat louder than I'm used to for regular, non-intensive uses (vs gaming or video editing that would likely also trigger the gpu fans). I definitely can still hear them w/ my open-air headphones on... unless they're blasting, which they're mostly not...

Just spotted this on the Corsair site... I imagine it'd be a lot quieter (and allow better OC-ing), but probably overkill, LOL...

IF the new upgraded setup works out w/ the old machine, I may just end up spending less time directly next to this new build (leaving it in the cooler ground floor man cave) and just mostly remote in from that old machine from another floor instead -- and also move my dedicated music listening headphone gear there...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks