What's new

I Saw Bob Dylan Last Night (1 Viewer)

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I saw him here in Ft. Wayne, IN at our minor league ballpark. I was surprised he didn't play anything from his latest, Modern Times, but the show was very good. He only played 14 songs but they included Stuck Inside of Mobile, Tangled Up in Blue, Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat, etc. so I was pleased. Bob's voice was also not bad. He sounds surprisingly good on Modern Times and also sounded good during the show. There was a decent crowd and we got to watch him from the field despite getting there just as he was coming on. He played keyboards the entire show. I would have liked him to play guitar and face the crowd more, but other than that, not a bad show. If he comes near your area this fall, it would be a great time to see him.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Guess that answers one of my questions...you didn't see the opening act, did you?
Elana James is on tour with Dylan.
Who backed him up last night?

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Henry, I believe Elana James was an opening act as well as Junior Brown. At a bar, after the show, I talked to another guy who saw them. He said they were good. Sorry, that's all I heard. I had a prior commitment and couldn't get there until Bob started.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd love to see Dylan again. I caught him once during the "Oh Mercy" tour in '89, when he toured with a 4 piece band lead by G.E. Smith from Saturday Night Live. A pretty cooking show/barnburner of a show.

His new music has been fantastic, too bad he didn't play more of it.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I was going to catch the Ft. Wayne show but with my job I had to miss it. I've seen Dylan 13 times since 1999 and I think his live shows are getting better with each new year. I saw him twice on this latest tour and the new band is great and will sound even better when they kick up the Modern Times tour next month (I plan on seeing him twice in Chicago and twice in Boston). The opening acts on this minor league ballpark tour were pretty good. Jimmie Vaughn was also on the bill. When I saw the show in Columbus he brought out a special guest, which just happened to be Eric Clapton so that was quite nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks