What's new

I really jumped into it today! (1 Viewer)

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
Hello all,
I just signed the contracts on a custom home theater to be built in my house:D I don't have the time or ability to build my own so I have been working with a company here to build my own dedicated theater and I am pumped. Should be up and running in 6 weeks. I signed contracts and ordered equipment today, my equipment list is as follows:
Runco CL710 - DLP Projector
Stewart-Firehawk 92" screen
Integra DTR-7.4 THX Select Receiver
Integra DPS 7.3 THX Certified Progressive scan DVD player
Crestron MC2W-C17PAK smart touch control system
2 pair M&K K4 Tripole surround speakers
2 M&K K10 subwoofers
My existing Boston Acoustic front towers and center channel
My Pioneer laser disc
My DirectTV receiver
Mid Atlantic rack
Seats, audio panels, and wall fabric from Acoustic Innovations.
As it gets going I'll post some pics. I am really pumped, but its a bitter sweet dream come true. I'm able to do this because my wife passed away in July, so I benefited from our life insurance policy. I wanted it done right and this seems the best way for me and my kids. I just can't wait!
Todd

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Sorry about your wife Todd.

Indeed, have it done right, and it looks like you are certainly on the right path equipment-wise. Congratulations.

The CL-710 is a very nice projector indeed from Runco, as is the matching Firehawk.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Pardon me asking, but what dimensions, and is this in your home, or an add-on to it? I'm trying to get the general jist of what one would cost also...thanks! 3C

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
I recently did the same thing..... get it all at once.... I should be fully operational within the week. we move into the new house on Tues... and we should be calibrating the equip. later in the week. I know your excited cuz I am just about ready to wet myself.. My guys steered me toward the integra pro scan and the integra receiver (9.1). good luck I can hardly wait to publish my final version. click below to see status as of 9-27-03.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Congratulations! Not sure if this is the same company but I just got back from Epcot in Orlando, Florida where they have this show called "The Ultimate Home Theater" and it features all of your equipment and installation by Acoustic Innovations. It was awesome!

Todd_Brown

Second Unit

I was slightly mistken. The compnay doing my work, Audio Video Interiors, is affiliated with Acoustic Innovations. Thats where the columns are coming from, the wall fabric, and seating.

Todd

JoshuaT

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, that AI demo at Disney is awesome! I might have upgraded the sound in your room, but I am much more about sound than about the video. I have S-100's all around with (soon to be dual) MX-200. I am very envious of the beautiful picture that you are going to have, congrats!

Keith M.

Second Unit
Sorry to hear about your wife...

I just got married in July and think I would die without my wife!!! She means everything to me... Man I feel like cryin...

Well, you should at least name the theater after her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks