What's new

I need your thoughts about jbl speakers (1 Viewer)

I thought about purchasing four jbl s-38 and the s-center channel but nearly all speaker posts have been for the higher end companies so any information about set-up please let me know.
------------------

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I have 6 of the JBL S36's and the S-Center and I am thrilled beyond belief! JBL makes great speakers at an affordable price. I down graded from AT270THX speakers and the JBL's sound much better then the AT's especially in the high end. I just added dual SVS 20-39CS subs and I still can not believe the sound I have in my HT. I will not be upgrading for a long time to come as I have found the perfect set of speakers for my HT room.... and I think this is a key statement here.... every HT room is unique, and different speakers will sound differently in different HT rooms, make sense? The JBL's are my 4th, yep your read right, my 4th set of speakers, and now I finally have the sound I was looking for. I am thrilled with the S-center as I now can actually hear and understand any and all dialogue which I was missing before.
I looked at the S38 first and really like the sound of them but I was looking for a better fit in my HT room and S36 are only 5 inches thick, but yet sound incredible so I went with them all the way around and all I can say is WOW!
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

John Cavacas

Agent
Robin, I know how you feel. However I too think that these JBL Studio series speakers are a great set of speakers. I currently have 2 S310's as mains, and the S-Center for the center. Next month, I'm upgrading my surrounds to 2 S38s. I listend to a LOT of speakers and I kept coming back to these JBLs. The only thing slightly better that I heard, was a set of Paradigm's that a friend of mine owns. Of course the Para's cost a whole lot more.
Again it is a personal choise. What sounds good to you might not sound good to someone else. Myself, having some past studio music recording experience, (and no I don't consider myself a audio freak), think that the JBL Studio Series speakers are greatly underated.
Listen, and listen a lot
wink.gif

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
I second the notion of JBL speakers being underrated.
After auditioning several different center channels, I kept coming back to the JBL S-Center. Killer center channel for around $200. In fact, I couldn't really find a better deal than this center for under $500. So I'm happy :)
Eventually, my really old 12" floor speakers (don't know who they're even made by, but they're cheap) will be replaced by either S310s or S312s. I kind of got stuck with N24s as the rears though (space contraints in my apartment). I kind of wish JBL made S24s, but oh well......can't have everything.
frown.gif

------------------
[Edited last by Nicholas A. Gallegos on July 29, 2001 at 10:54 PM]
[Edited last by Nicholas A. Gallegos on July 29, 2001 at 10:54 PM]

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Don't overlook the S-26's. I've always liked the way those have sounded. If you're going to run them "small" you might like those better than the S-38's. See if you can listen to them both, and preferably not in a BestBuy setting. You might be surprised.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have JBL S312s for mains, the S-Center, and S26s for sourrounds. My sub is the JBL PB12. Needless to say, I love the way they sound. Check out audioreview.com and epinions.com for more reviews.
-Chris

Hank_P

Second Unit
I'll also vote for the JBL Studio line.. I have the S312's up front and the S-Center. I'm moving into a new home.. hence waiting to order my S36 for the rears (currently some really old bad rear speakers). I love the sound for both HT and music.. they fit my taste and budget perfect.

GregH

Agent
I'll chime in to be redundant and mention that I've got the S312s and an S-Center up front and the S38s in the rear. Really nice and they have some major presence. I use Crown amps so it's a very flat neutral sound.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I just set up my JBL NSP1 system this weekend which isn't the studio line but as good as they sound I can only imagine the S line sounding even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks