I need suggestions in getting a better scanner

Discussion in 'Computers' started by David Baranyi, Sep 23, 2003.

1. David Baranyi

David Baranyi Stunt Coordinator

I had been using the HP ScanJet 3500c to scan posters and magazine pages since I purchased it in May. While it is a good scanner, I really need one large enough to scan a two-fold poster. The 3500c can only scan up to legal paper size.

Are there any consumer scanner in the market large enough to scan a two-fold poster?

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Sorry I can't answer your question directly, David. However inconvenient, I think that it is generally accepted practice to carefully stitch together pieces of a larger image with photo-editing software. Saves money too!

Nevertheless, good luck to you if you have your heart set on a scanner with a scan area that would better suit your purposes.

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I did a bit of research into really wide scanners a year ago. Basically, it will cost you a boatload of money! [​IMG]

You may be better off going to a print shop or copy shop for that. Roughly $10-40 per square foot of material you want to scan. Much better than spending several thousand dollars on a wide scanner. I remember having a near heart-attack when I saw the price of an 11"x14" scanner.