What's new

I need a new WEB HOST - any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Can anyone point me to a good web host? The main thing I need is lots and lots of BANDWIDTH and, of course, a reasonable monthly charge.

Any suggestions?

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
been using www.netfirms.com for a lot of years. have a lot of accounts with them and been always happy with their service.

check out their Advantage plan ... good deal, the only catch on their pricing is that you have to pay upfront for a year.

otherwise, for more robust sites we do, i use www.hostway.com ... a lot more pricier but has better stability for database driven sites.

hope this helps some

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is HostItNow's throughput pretty fast as far as file uploads/downloads from their webhosting facilities?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
check your PM's.
both of my domains are hosted there, www.notadotnet.net and www.whereyou.at but are just used for email ATM.
I've uploaded vids and let a VERY large message board leech them, without so much as a hiccup.. so I've been very pleased so far.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I've been using eBoundary for almost 6 months now and could not be happier. It's owned and run by a moderator at Web Hosting Talk and the guy knows his stuff as far as security and support. The server's never been down for more than 5 minutes at a time (in the rare occasion that it does go down), all of my support tickets are answered in less than 30 minutes, usually within 10, and there's something to be said for being on a first-name basis with your host.

If all you need is shared hosting, I strongly recommend it.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Also a HostItNow user, throughput maxes out at my Comcast cap all the time (300-400k). I also upload a ton of videos to it and post them on message boards.

Just to let you know you get what you pay for, and with prices that low service tends to suffer. Not many technical problems but if you have a question expect several days for an answer. If you know what you're doing you'll be satisified imo.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

they've been pretty good to me, a 911 ticket took 30 minutes, a general question took about 4 hours via email.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You weren't with em in May when we had a 3 day outage and trouble tickets would randomly disappear. They've been better since then.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

I read about it in their support forum.
I had a motherboard go out on the server I'm on last week, it was back up w/in a half hour.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up they've been screwy agaiin. Another 2-3 day outage for me on one of my websites and no one is getting a response from trouble tickets. People were recommending www.surfspeedy.com on their own forum :wink: and some of us switched there. So far I like it. An updated version of CPanel and everything looks much more professional. :emoji_thumbsup:

2GB webspace
65GB Bandwidth
$6.95/mo - Promotion: $1/mo for first 3 months

Oh and it's cheaper than HIN's rates too, still unsure about reliability but they are highly rated according to some sites I looked at.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Most people generally don't use as much bandwidth as they think they are going to need.

What type of site will you be running?

jay.biz is a good site for hosting ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks