What's new

I must have theater seating (1 Viewer)

firebrick

Agent
Real Name
mark
I am looking at getting some theater seating for the room I am building up. I want 2 rows of 3 seats, front reclining and back not. Any suggestions on where to get this setup? Ive looked on ebay and prices seem reasonable for the mass produced leather theater seats but im afraid of them falling apart in a year. Also what is the standard riser height? I am thinking of just putting
2x4s on edge and 3/4 plywood on top. Any tips for building risers appreciated.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
Theater seats can range from $300 per seat to $3000 per seat. Berklines are very popular as are Coaster. Try searching on google for them.

Riser height depends upon your seating distance and distance of your screen from the floor, but the most common riser height is 13.5" (12X2's with two layers of 3/4 ply)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
There is no standard riser height. When I built mine, I kept it as low as possible, and just high enough to see over the person's head in the front row. I already had my seats, so I made up a mock seating arrangement with wood under the rear seat, while my son(tallest in the house) sat in the front row. If you make it more than 8-9" tall, you'll probably want to have a step up.

firebrick

Agent
Real Name
mark
bought 3 burklines that will match my berkline couch, 2 weeks from delivery, im pysched.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks