What's new

I mac Browser question (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So I have a n I mac (2011 model) and I have always kept firmware, browser up to date. However, I am trying to Start a Youtube Channel and. I tried to Live Stream using the Webcam. I got a message saying my browser doesn't support streaming and I was invited to Download Google Chrome (which I dont really want to do ) Do I have a choice?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
So I have a n I mac (2011 model) and I have always kept firmware, browser up to date. However, I am trying to Start a Youtube Channel and. I tried to Live Stream using the Webcam. I got a message saying my browser doesn't support streaming and I was invited to Download Google Chrome (which I dont really want to do ) Do I have a choice?
Try Firefox.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I may be wrong but last I read browser live streaming was only supported when using Chrome. Google said they were going to support other browsers but I don't think that has happened yet.

-KeithP

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Keith is correct. I’m pretty sure Safari doesn’t natively support live streaming on YouTube and you will either need to download 3rd party broadcasting software or use Chrome.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thank you Everyone. I Actually was able to record videos from my I phone. I uploaded them to my channel (which needs more Subscribers lol) Of course recording from my iPhone makes me look Juvenile and like I have no clue what Im doing hahahaha

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
There is nothing keeping you from using Safari (or Firefox) for most of your Web browsing, and Chrome for live streaming. So if your objection is not to having Chrome on your system, but to being forced to use it for everything, there's no need to go there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.