What's new

I Love Lucy Season 2... Any News? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I was just curious if anyone has any news on I Love Lucy Season 2... Are they going to make us wait for a year like many other season releases? Or will they come out at a decent pace like the other discs from Season 1 did? I know Season 2 is suppose to be the full season instead of individual discs, thats why I ask?

Thats the one thing I hate about Television show releases... Having to wait years for many of them...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ryan,

Just came back from Paramount.

I believe you'll see Season 2 in January/February.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Thats good news. I hope they release at least 3 seasons next year so we can have all 6 seasons of this great show by 2005. When they finish season 6 I also hope they follow it up with a set of the 13 Lucy-Desi Comedy hour episodes.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Hopefully they will not use the same type of packaging as they did on their recently released season one set, but rather much smaller, digi pack type packs such as those that most everyone else has begun using.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm not really fond of digipacks, but if the went with slim packs or double amarays, they'd use a lot less space.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I would be perfectly happy with Twilight Zone-esque thinness...and putting more than 4 episodes a disc wouldn't hurt...

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Paramount has said Season Two will be released all at once in a boxed set. I also know from personal discussions with their producer, Gregg Oppenheimer, that CBS (Paramount is just the distributor) is committing more money to digitally restoring the episodes starting with Season Two.

He also told me that speculation by some members here that the previous DVDs were mastered from the old analogue video masters was ridiculous, and that ALL the discs from Season One had brand-new transfers from the best existing film elements.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
and putting more than 4 episodes a disc wouldn't hurt
I'm not sure how I would feel if the result of this meant that they would have to ditch the SPECTACULAR extras which have accompanied each of the S1 releases.

I'm really digging all the stuff that's on those discs: the trivia, the flubs, the radio shows, the comparisons of cut vs. restored, etc. etc. These have been a treasure trove of TV history. I really don't want to lose any of that, and I suspect most purchasers of these discs will agree with me.

Paramount, CBS, Columbia House (yes, they played a role in this), and definately Mr. Gregg Oppenheimer should all be congratulated on such great, definative DVD's for the first season of I Love Lucy.

I certainly hope that Season 2 continues this trend. We'll know soon. It shouldn't be THAT long before Paramount starts the ball rolling on an official announcement for it. Ron's info pretty much matched what I had heard.

P.S. - Brian, you da' man for getting with Gregg Oppenheimer about that subject! :emoji_thumbsup:

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I hope they do all the LUCY DESI COMEDY HOURS TO
THEIR ORIGINAL TIMES, Especially "LUCY TAKES A CRUISE TO
HAVANA", they cut the scenes LUCY had with HEDDA HOPPER,
telling about how she and Ricky met. That show was like
90 minutes, but, from what I have read it was cut to
60, to accomodate syndication. And when it was released to
video it was the shorter version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks