I just screwed up all the settings for my TV from service menu!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AlbertA, Sep 4, 2003.

1. AlbertA

AlbertA Stunt Coordinator

I just got GB4308 and was browsing the service menu. I know, I should have been careful but now I have serious geometry problems and convergence problems...

I have the service manual, which mentions certains patterns to adjust the convergence, and the geometry. But is it possible to adjust it myself since I have avia?

Any help is precious right now.....

2. AlbertA

AlbertA Stunt Coordinator

Well, unfortunately I didn't write any of them.
    Now my convergence is so horrible it's hard to navigate the menus. The geometry is all messed up... I guess I should give Apex a call for their in-home warranty repair...

But before I do that.. Has anyone calibrated their TV completely from scratch.. And I mean completely from scratch... With convergence so off you can measure it in inches... I would prefer to do calibrate this TV myself... instead of waiting for a warranty repair tech to come...

P.S. I am looking for other people to tell me their settings on another forum which has a thread for the APEX TV, but all they seem to give me is the user menu settings for brightness, sharpness, etc... sigh.. what to do...

3. Luke_Lemmings

Luke_Lemmings Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure if your case is covered by warrenty since you went into the service menu and messed it up there.

I believe that entering the service menu and altering stuff there voids your warrenty.

4. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

I agree with Luke here. Once you mess with your service menu, you automatically void your warranty.

Speaking of warranty, I have a question. I went into the service menu to disable SVM, and I did it successfully....but what if my TV breaks due to a different problem in 2 years.....Will my warranty still be good, or will it automatically be void, just because I turned off SVM?

5. DavidES

DavidES Stunt Coordinator

Hopefully this will get you started. Avia is great for test patterns.