What's new

I just screwed up all the settings for my TV from service menu!! (1 Viewer)

AlbertA

Stunt Coordinator
I just got GB4308 and was browsing the service menu. I know, I should have been careful but now I have serious geometry problems and convergence problems...

I have the service manual, which mentions certains patterns to adjust the convergence, and the geometry. But is it possible to adjust it myself since I have avia?

Any help is precious right now.....

AlbertA

Stunt Coordinator
Well, unfortunately I didn't write any of them.
Now my convergence is so horrible it's hard to navigate the menus. The geometry is all messed up... I guess I should give Apex a call for their in-home warranty repair...

But before I do that.. Has anyone calibrated their TV completely from scratch.. And I mean completely from scratch... With convergence so off you can measure it in inches... I would prefer to do calibrate this TV myself... instead of waiting for a warranty repair tech to come...

P.S. I am looking for other people to tell me their settings on another forum which has a thread for the APEX TV, but all they seem to give me is the user menu settings for brightness, sharpness, etc... sigh.. what to do...

Luke_Lemmings

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure if your case is covered by warrenty since you went into the service menu and messed it up there.

I believe that entering the service menu and altering stuff there voids your warrenty.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I agree with Luke here. Once you mess with your service menu, you automatically void your warranty.

Speaking of warranty, I have a question. I went into the service menu to disable SVM, and I did it successfully....but what if my TV breaks due to a different problem in 2 years.....Will my warranty still be good, or will it automatically be void, just because I turned off SVM?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks