What's new

I just saw Rounders for the first time, and.. (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
WOW, great movie I thought.

Many of you do not like Matt Damon but I think he is a terrific actor who chooses his roles pretty carefully aside from his counterpart.

Question, does anyone else not think this movie deserves a audio commentary?

Brian E

Screenwriter
I enjoy this movie quite a bit. I agree a commentary could be fun. I hadn't even heard of this movie until Big Star, remember them, had a big sale on it ($14 I think). At that time a few friends recommended it and I bit. Glad I did.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Everytime my buddies and I play poker, we always hope someone brings the Oreos so we can mock KGB. It's a good "small" film with good actors in it.

MatS

Screenwriter
one of my favorite dvds in my collection. Great movie, great transfer, great performances by Malkovich, Norton, Damon, etc. A commentary would have been a nice added bonus but is not needed for me to enjoy this fine flick.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Malkovich is great in it. It's a great "small" film and sorely underrated. It's a fun watch. Some moments in it are really memorable; we too gather up oreos when we play poker :)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I like this one a lot. Everyone brings something nice to the table, from Norton and Damon on down to Famke in a somewhat small role. And the dialogue is perfect for the material. One of the roles that I think Damon exceeded my expectations about.

I recommend this one to anyone who asks.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
Great movie - I play Hold'm for 20 hours a week and while there are a few small holes, for a poker movie it's super. The only reason it was not a it was it is like Bagger Vance and catered to a smll audiance.

I have not seen the DVD and is on my "should I get it?" list.

Malkovich is great.

BTW - it the guy was actually a great player the oreo's would not have happened but . . . . .it's a movie :)

Jesper Benson

Auditioning
I love this flick,

We try to watch this movie before every poker game to get in the "spirit". Then the whole time we play we quote the movie.

/* Russian Accent */

"I stick it in you"

Jesper

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
"Well, like my great uncle once said, when the money's gone it's time to move on...Lotsa luck to ya, you secret handshake assholes."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks