What's new

I have a disease (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
You should mix your Rotel amps with Velveeta for some tasty cheese dip. Maybe add some ground beef too. Mmmm... Queso...

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Audio Advisor has Aragon products HALF OFF... They have the new Aragon 8008 for $1500.00 and a pair of Paladium1K's for $2900.00
Here's a teaser for you Brett. :D I paid $1,250 for mine used 2 years ago, however I paid full price on the 8008 x 3 prior to that. Get em while you can.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I've gone from the denon 1602 to the 1803 to the 2803 (yesterday) all in the last year.

Fortunately, for me this is not a disease. I genuinely needed to upgrade. There were no other options.:D

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Anyone want to start an over/under betting pool as to when Brett's urge to spring for the amps results in a post?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
what are you planing on doing with 24 channels? I've got 15 in my HT at the moment...though I'm only using 12;)

RichardHOS

Second Unit
8 channels for subs, one for each sub; cost-wise this works out as well as mono, and I feel better about feeding that much amp power from different breakers.

Actively biamped center, mains, side and rear surrounds. The center is actually two speakers (maggies, side by side), each biamped independently, so that's a total of 8 speakers, 16 channels.

And I prefer Queso to Rotel dip. :)

I was considering Aragon amps for the Mains instead of 991's, but the slightly higher price didn't seem worth it, especially since it would be breaking the "string of Rotels" I had going.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Richard your not the only one. I just picked a new Rotel 1095 with 4yr extended warranty for $1550CDN(18% below cost). I've lost track of the number of times I've told myself to stop buying equipment. It just doesn't work. The catalyst is this forum. And I keep coming back for more.

Kevin

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I hate upgradeitis, and HTF doesn't help! :)

o Pioneer DV-05, 45a, 47ai all in the last year.
o Sony TA-E9000ES, Outlaw 950, Lexicon MC-8 in the last year.
o And from 6.1 with Def Tech and 2 Acurus A200x3's to 7.1 with Vandersteen, an A200, plus an A200x5. (Frank, tried an 8008x3 a couple of years ago. Just "too much" for my system. Put the "balance" of my system out of whack. A supreme amp though.)

Seems bad, but I'm racing my wife's desire to have a baby, and I know that as soon as a bun is in the oven, my HT expenditure will necessarily approach zero dollars... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks