What's new
World Wide Stereo

I got a sweet deal on some theater seats! (1 Viewer)

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys!

I got a call from my Dad the other day and he has a co-worker who also works in an old movie theater in my home town. The guy said the owner of the theater got new seats and I could buy the old ones for $5 a seat. I have been wanting some actual theater seats to put in rows behind my couch for extra people, so I jumped all over the deal. The seats are older (I used to watch movies in these when I was a kid). They sit up straight or you can lean back a little and the seat reclines. They are actually pretty darn comfy. I got enough parts to configure them any way I want. The end panels have lights in them. I ended up getting 12 seats. They aren't in to bad of shape. I am going to clean them up and use them the way they are for now. I plan on repainting and covering them when we figure out what color our theater is going to be. I plan on building a riser for two rows. I was thinking of going 6 inches rise per row. I am also planning on staggering the seat so you aren't sitting directly behind someone. Do you have any suggestions for constructing a riser? I have carpet in my room that would be tough to match so I was considering covering the riser with some wood flooring. Would that cause any sound problems (I have an SVS. LOL).

Sorry about the long post.

PS I thought about hooking you guys up with some seats, but I was a hurried kind of deal so I didn't want to push my luck. Sadly the rest of the seats went to the scrap yard, so I have the remaing seats from my home town theater.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys!

I got a call from my Dad the other day and he has a co-worker who also works in an old movie theater in my home town. The guy said the owner of the theater got new seats and I could buy the old ones for $5 a seat. I have been wanting some actual theater seats to put in rows behind my couch for extra people, so I jumped all over the deal. The seats are older (I used to watch movies in these when I was a kid). They sit up straight or you can lean back a little and the seat reclines. They are actually pretty darn comfy. I got enough parts to configure them any way I want. The end panels have lights in them. I ended up getting 12 seats. They aren't in to bad of shape. I am going to clean them up and use them the way they are for now. I plan on repainting and covering them when we figure out what color our theater is going to be. I plan on building a riser for two rows. I was thinking of going 6 inches rise per row. I am also planning on staggering the seat so you aren't sitting directly behind someone. Do you have any suggestions for constructing a riser? I have carpet in my room that would be tough to match so I was considering covering the riser with some wood flooring. Would that cause any sound problems (I have an SVS. LOL).

Sorry about the long post.

PS I thought about hooking you guys up with some seats, but I was a hurried kind of deal so I didn't want to push my luck. Sadly the rest of the seats went to the scrap yard, so I have the remaing seats from my home town theater.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I am going on a trip over the next week. I will clean the chairs up, assembly them, and snap a few pics when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks