What's new

I get my B&W 602 S3's tommorow!!! (1 Viewer)

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
i'm so excited!!

Been emailing the store back and forth, and my 602s are sitting in thier box waiting for me :D

that will bring my HT setup to:

B&W 602s in front..

no center yet (LCR600 to come)

Mission 781s for the rear surrounds, to be replaced by a bookshelf from the 600 line.. not sure which one yet, going to do some testing.

little Sony sub that manages music and soundtracks, but pittles out on the serious stuff at serious levels... will be replaced by my DIY Sonosub II shortly.

should be entirely complete around December... however i just got an extreamly nice trench coat from somebody i worked for.. if i can sell that it would certainly bring the completion date up MUCH sooner.

Once i get the full 600 series all around, the 781s will be paired with a nice little NAD integrated amp, and put up for two channel listening. I think i'll build a small, musical sub for them (suggestions welcome as to what driver/encloser to use)

anyway, thats my audio story for now, i'm gonna head off.

Cheers

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Congrats James!, I just bought the 602's for my mains last Saturday and I love them to death! Your going to have to break them in though to get them sounding at there prime. I still have a ways to go but there sounding better each day as I watch a movie everyday. I bought the B&W LCR60 two weeks before that and today I bought the 600's for the rear. I use to have Paradigm all around and those are great speakers but IMO they sound a little too bright for my taste. To me Paradigm speakers are more suited for both movies and music while B&W is more suited for movies. So they sound better to me because it provides a more warm and natural sound. So music cd don't sound as good as the Paradigm's. Since my setup is 95% movies and 5% music this setup is perfect for me. Unless you have a big room I'd suggest sticking the LCR60 instead of the 600. The 600 is more for the floorstanding models than the bookshelfs.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
That's great James. I understand your excitement. Sounds like you will be sitting good soon. I run the 602's along with the LCR 600. I still haven't tackled my surrounds also. I really like the S3 line myself and 50 to 100 hrs break-in is called for. Your Sonosub sounds interesting. Can I ask what driver you will be utilizing?

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
15" Tempest driver. havn't decided on what amp yet.

i'm directly coping Patmans Sonosub II design.

i'll have it decorated different though. i'm going to put down a layer of black paint.. then get some yellow blacklight spray paint and a big radioactive sign stencil, then use the spray paint onto that to put it on the front of the sub.

with normal lights you wont see it, but switch on the blacklights in my HT and *BAM* you'll see the radioactive logo :D

Daniel.Han

Stunt Coordinator
I've owned the 602's as a stereo pair for almost one year now and I am continually amazed by them. Last weekend I added the CDM CNT as a center and am in the process of rediscovering a number of my favorite movies. I would personally take the LCR600 over the LCR60, regardless of the room size, the 600 sounds just that much better. Of course if you have the means I would suggest even considering the CDM CNT, from what I have heard so far it matches very well with the 602's and from my experience auditioning was well worth the extra cost. My 2 cents.

However you end up going I'm sure you will be incredibly pleased.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
15" tempest ought to be a producer. Haven't used the black light paint for quite some time though. Does it still wear in time? Should be bright!

Daniel did you notice much of a difference in the LCR as opposed to the CDM. The LCR is the highest in the B&W line that I have heard. I sure like the LCR though.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The new spell check imo is just about useless. Neither of them have ever corrected the Thread header. I'll take any help I can get though.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very sorry if my extra "m" offended you.

yea, the 15" should be... sufficient ;)

i dont know how well they can preform with music.. but the room will be mostly HT/Rockout room anyway.

i'll set up the 781s with a subwoofer meant for music in a seperate room (or mabey the same, the asemetrical design of it is very nice) for classical/jazz/what not

Daniel.Han

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Steve,

Yeah, I actually did hear a quite noticable difference. I was auditioning in the same room with the same electronics and the speakers were on an A/B switch. The LCR wasn't bad but the CDM just made everything sound clearer and closer to real. I also thought that it had the edge in dynamics. I listened to a couple scenes of action and then one of extended dialogue and in all of them I could easily pick out the two speakers. Either way you go I doubt that you will be disappointed but I put my own money into the CDM like I said earlier.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
mmm i just got more paymoney, and my dad says i can work every satuday for the next 5 weeks... which will afford for me a center channel and my tempest...

still havn't gotten them yet... hopefully this friday...

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
My dealer did not have the CDM to audition so I went with the LCR 600. Maybe down the road he will have it and I will give it a listen. I might need to move up a notch in my center? Like I said before though> I really do like the LCR600 C. Does our upgrading ever stop?

I Just received confirmation that my next sub is on the way. YAAAAAA!!!!!

;)

Is Friday still a go James? It's getting close.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
so far so good... i dont have ECA on fridays so i get out of school at 12:30, i'll see if my mother can take me right to the store :D

then by october i should have my tempest completed. Then come christmas i should have the full compliment of B&W 600 series

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
then by october i should have my tempest completed. Then come christmas i should have the full compliment of B&W 600 series
Sounds great James. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

I can remember when I first brought home my 602's. I was so excited, my first set of real speakers, not crappy computer speakers. I listened to them for a good 5 or 6 hours that day. I never knew music could sound so good.

But beware, this could lead you on the road of constant upgrading for sonic perfection. I've since bought a pair of JMlab Electra 906's.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
lol well... audio perfection is going to have to wait until i graduate high school >=)

well.. its thursday... annnnnyday now!!!:D :D :D

my brother bought the LOTR:TTT DVD, but i refuse to watch it until i build my tempest sub ;) thats the project i'm REALLY looking foward to.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
well guys... i got a pair... and...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i listened for 2.5 hours straight, then let dad listen to some of his CDs... now its my turn again!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
congratulations James.;) Hooray for James! I didn't understand your Post. Are you happy with them??:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks