What's new

Pre-Order I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Very excited about the series coming to Blu ray!

Is there a full
Press announcement?

I’m actually slowly watching the final season at the moment.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
AFAIK, Mill Creek only provides extras if they were on the original company's DVD sets, and I don't remember any extras on the Sony sets.

The original Sony DVD set included extras only on the first season, they were an audio commentary on the first episode with Barbara, Larry, and Bill. The other extra was an overview look at the series with interviews from Barbara, Larry, and Bill as well.

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was not expecting this series to come out on blu ray. I saw it often in syndication. Though I’m not a super fan, I’ll be ordering this set too. Funny in that I bought the Jeannie bottle on eBay a little over a year ago, the Jim Beam bottle that was used on the show. Not a screen used one of course, but the green tinted bottle in painted.

I hope Bewitched follows too. I recall when I picked up the Mill Creek sets for Bewitched and Jeannie, I thought their DVD’s were not as sharp as the Sony DVD of Bewitched. Maybe my recollection is wrong, so it will be interesting to see how this blu ray looks. The Rockford Files from Mill Creek looks great on blu ray, so I’m sure this show will too.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I hope if this sells decently enough that Mill Creek will take on additional TV titles and that their licensors will make the content available for reasonable licensing fees.

I think the big reason this is happening is because HD masters were already in existence so putting them on a disc didn’t involve a lot of heavy lifting. I’m less optimistic that shows without existing HD masters are going to start getting redone with brand new efforts but there are still a good number of shows that had HD masters created for syndication and streaming where the heavy lifting has already been done and I’m all in favor of getting those out on disc while there’s still potentially a market for them.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The licensing on those can be killers, which is a shame - at this point I wish the copyright holders of vintage interviews would let them out at more reasonable terms. I get the business end but it’s not as if there’s a buyer just around the corner that’s going to pay tons of money for the material if only they hold out for more now.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
One of my favorite shows! I still have my old Sony DVDs, and have gone through them all probably 3 times. This will definitely prompt me to do a go-thru again. It’s an absolutely charming show and can’t wait to see it on Blu!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
There's some interviews on youtube that Hagman and others did before passing. There's also a Larry King episode where Eden, Hagman, and Daily talked. Wish they would include those talks.

--jthree

The rights to a CNN show would have to go through Warner Bros. That would probably cost more than Mill Creek would be willing to pay.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Boy, that sure doesn't look like Barbara Eden in the top header.
She's an impersonator. Here is her website where people can hire her for events: https://instinctmusic.com.au/live-entertainment/i-dream-of-jeannie/ The photo in the top header is from her website gallery.
I-dream-of-Jeanie-111.png

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I know that there have been various issues with Mill Creek public domain releases but I’ve never had any trouble or complaints regarding their licensed content on Blu-ray. I would expect that this will be a quality release.

And I'm sure the packaging will be up to par w/Mill Creek's Charlie's Angels Blu-- maybe 2 cases of 6 discs apiece, or one case with all 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks