What's new

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And I'm sure the packaging will be up to par w/Mill Creek's Charlie's Angels Blu-- maybe 2 cases of 6 discs apiece, or one case with all 12.
Mill Creek's blu-ray packaging isn't bad at all. Either the multidisc flip cases, or cases with two discs per hub.

Their DVD packaging, however, is utter crap.

ScottRE

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I'm definitely on board. Mostly because I love the series and even if they are exactly the same prints at their DVDs, at least they look good, won't be compressed and have the Screen Gems logos at the end.

In a perfect world, the proper opening credits and pilot subtitles will be restored. But I'm not expecting it.

The 1960's

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal Rose
She's an impersonator. Here is her website where people can hire her for events: https://instinctmusic.com.au/live-entertainment/i-dream-of-jeannie/ The photo in the top header is from her website gallery.
I-dream-of-Jeanie-111.png
That is ridiculous. I guess everyone has to make a living somehow. :crazy:

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Ronald, @The Obsolete Man is asking about the thread header pictures. This one has that imposter picture as a wide-cut image. The thread on TV Soundtracks has a LAND OF THE GIANTS picture.

What the question is is how are these generated? Is it something a thread starter can do? Or is it something that just happens based on a picture within the thread?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Malcolm, I just caught this. Anything I can help with?
Hi Ron,

In the posts above this, we were mentioning how it appears another incorrect picture has been used to promote a thread (and appeared on the home page through the day). We're just wondering where these come from? Is someone in charge of pics, or are they auto-picked by some software?

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Are these the complete, uncut episodes or the syndicated/edited versions? Or a mixture of both depending on what masters they were given?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Are these the complete, uncut episodes or the syndicated/edited versions? Or a mixture of both depending on what masters they were given?
I don't think anyone can answer that right now because it hasn't been released yet and the reviews aren't in. However, the show was recently remastered in HD so the picture should be sharper than the regular DVDs already out there. I don't remember any major edits or syndicated episodes with the regular DVDs so I expect this new release will have uncut episodes, too. But the reviews aren't in yet so we'll have to wait and see.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
AFAIK, Mill Creek only provides extras if they were on the original company's DVD sets, and I don't remember any extras on the Sony sets.
I don't know if you'd consider this an extra, but Millcreek did include the 2011 Charlie's Angels reboot with their Blu-Ray of the original series. Maybe Millcreek was trying to find a way to entice buyers who already had the DVDs to double-dip?

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
There is a MOD release of one of the two Made for TV movies. This and "I Still Dream Of Jeanie" would be a nice bonus in HD. Even without Larry Hagman, I kind of like these.

View attachment 96181
I’ve had this sitting on my shelf for a while but still haven’t gotten around to watching it. I’ll have to make time soon now that it’s on my mind again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merrickw