What's new

Pre-Order I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
There is a MOD release of one of the two Made for TV movies. This and "I Still Dream Of Jeanie" would be a nice bonus in HD. Even without Larry Hagman, I kind of like these.
"I Still Dream Of Jeannie" could very well be a bonus on the Mill Creek's blu-ray set because it is available for streaming in HD on the CTV.ca Throwback Channel. "15 years later" also!

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Wishful thinking, I know...but would love for them to include the original theme music for Season 2 and for God's sake, if they use the standard syndication opening, fix that annoying skip that plagued the DVDs!!
Agree! And the proper theme for each season would be preferable. And fix the fluttery, underwater film sound that affects some episodes (a couple of Bewitched eps had that problem, too).

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
IDOJ is one of my Top 10 favorite sitcoms, so I will gladly upgrade to Blu if reviews show that Mill Creek hasn’t botched it. Hopefully the openings will be fixed and there are no edits.

It’s been years since I saw I Still Dream of Jeannie. While not great, I remember thinking it wasn’t too bad. So I’d be okay if it was included in this set, although I won’t care if it’s not.

I think that 2nd TVM is definitely better than the 15 Years Later TVM, which had a few decent moments but had an awful ending. Who thought that ending it with Tony’s mind wiped of all memories of both Jeannie and their son was a good idea?! When the lack of Larry Hagman turns out not to be the biggest problem, then you’ve got a real mess. I hope that one is not included on the Blu set.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think that 2nd TVM is definitely better than the 15 Years Later TVM, which had a few decent moments but had an awful ending. Who thought that ending it with Tony’s mind wiped of all memories of both Jeannie and their son was a good idea?! When the lack of Larry Hagman turns out not to be the biggest problem, then you’ve got a real mess. I hope that one is not included on the Blu set.
I admit I haven't seen it since it aired - I had little interest when you remove a huge part of what made the series great (I'll argue that Hagman, Daily and Roarke made it funnier than Eden did). So I have zero recollection of it ending like that. I just kinda remember Cliff Barnes...I mean Ken Kercheval...remaining Jeannie's temporary master until Tony got back form his "well past retirement age" space mission. I woulda just brought Wayne Rogers back.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Imagine now if I Dream of Jeannie on Blu Ray were handled by fans of the series, like Network handled Space:1999, or how Kevin Burns did Lost in Space….
  • Correct opening and closing credits with Screen Gems logos
  • Subtitles on the pilot dialog
  • Commentaries on specific episodes
  • “Network broadcast” versions of certain episodes with original commercials and end credits with the Lark cigarette graphics.
  • Contest promotions (for Jeannie’s birthday and the safe combination)
  • 1960’s talk show appearances
  • NBC promotional materials
  • Features about collectibles (Mario Della Casa’s bottles are exquisite)
I’d stop short at music only tracks since I doubt many people would care, but the background music, especially in the Montenegro era, is amazing.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I admit I haven't seen it since it aired - I had little interest when you remove a huge part of what made the series great (I'll argue that Hagman, Daily and Roarke made it funnier than Eden did). So I have zero recollection of it ending like that. I just kinda remember Cliff Barnes...I mean Ken Kercheval...remaining Jeannie's temporary master until Tony got back form his "well past retirement age" space mission. I woulda just brought Wayne Rogers back.

I agree with you that, while Eden is great, for me Hagman is the key. So many of my favorite moments are Tony’s interactions with Roger and Dr. Bellows.

Ken Kercheval was in the 2nd movie (Still Dream Of...); the mind wipe was the ending to the 1st movie (15 years later) with Wayne Rogers. The one with Ken makes no reference to the events in 15 Years Later.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Imagine now if I Dream of Jeannie on Blu Ray were handled by fans of the series, like Network handled Space:1999, or how Kevin Burns did Lost in Space….
  • Correct opening and closing credits with Screen Gems logos
  • Subtitles on the pilot dialog
  • Commentaries on specific episodes
  • “Network broadcast” versions of certain episodes with original commercials and end credits with the Lark cigarette graphics.
  • Contest promotions (for Jeannie’s birthday and the safe combination)
  • 1960’s talk show appearances
  • NBC promotional materials
  • Features about collectibles (Mario Della Casa’s bottles are exquisite)
I’d stop short at music only tracks since I doubt many people would care, but the background music, especially in the Montenegro era, is amazing.

They'd make it deluxe like that Man From U.N.C.L.E. all-in-one was, wouldn't they?

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree with you that, while Eden is great, for me Hagman is the key. So many of my favorite moments are Tony’s interactions with Roger and Dr. Bellows.

Ken Kercheval was in the 2nd movie (Still Dream Of...); the mind wipe was the ending to the 1st movie (15 years later) with Wayne Rogers. The one with Ken makes no reference to the events in 15 Years Later.
Ohhhh wow, okay. It's been even longer since I've seen the first one! Thanks for clearing that up. That's damned awful.

The comic timing of Hagman, Daily and Roarke gives me belly laughs to this day. No slight on Eden, she was always charming and adorable. A fine actress who was amazing in the role, but the comedic heavy lifting was done by Hagman and the others. Dr. Bellows alone makes me laugh just in his reactions. This is what separates it from Bewitched. Different style of comedy, more of a madcap feel and more about the guys than the magical lead. Bewitched and IDOJ had a different focus.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
One version of the pilot has opening credits that show Hayden Rorke and a couple of other names, and another version shows only Eden and Hagman's names, as the rest of the series' episodes did. Is it the one with Rorke's name et al that we want on the Blu?

An Elvis Fan

Agent
Real Name
Thomas Widener
That Target price of $57.99 sure beats the $85.99 preorder price that Amazon has it for. I guess I'll wait until it's $40-$30 dollar range, which it will be eventually. I'm still in amazement that I found the season one Blu-ray of I Love Lucy for five dollars at Big Lots. I remember when that set came out the preorder price was way over a hundred dollars.

I sort of wish another studio was releasing this, but I'm willing to give Mill Creek the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps they are trying to undo their reputation that years of selling cheap, blurry public domain DVD's have giving them. I know that, whenever I think of Mill Creek, the first thing that comes to my mind is all those five dollar bargain bin DVD's. Most of them were very blurry, if they played at all. Perhaps, like season one of I Love Lucy, this will one day be in the five dollar bin as well. I guess time will tell, but I am glad that Jeannie is getting a much deserved Blu-Ray release even though it will be a Mill Creek release.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
That Target price of $57.99 sure beats the $85.99 preorder price that Amazon has it for. I guess I'll wait until it's $40-$30 dollar range, which it will be eventually. I'm still in amazement that I found the season one Blu-ray of I Love Lucy for five dollars at Big Lots. I remember when that set came out the preorder price was way over a hundred dollars.

I sort of wish another studio was releasing this, but I'm willing to give Mill Creek the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps they are trying to undo their reputation that years of selling cheap, blurry public domain DVD's have giving them. I know that, whenever I think of Mill Creek, the first thing that comes to my mind is all those five dollar bargain bin DVD's. Most of them were very blurry, if they played at all. Perhaps, like season one of I Love Lucy, this will one day be in the five dollar bin as well. I guess time will tell, but I am glad that Jeannie is getting a much deserved Blu Ray release even though it will be a Mill Creek release.
Based on my own limited experience and from what I've read in the past several years (circa 2015), Mill Creek's Blu-ray batting average has been far better than their DVD releases, at least in terms of decent PQ.

If I still had a spare budget for home video releases, I would definitely give this one fair consideration, which wasn't the case with the previous IDOJ Mill Creek DVD series set.

CHEERS! :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I tend to avoid Mill Creek's DVD releases as they put a few too many episodes on a disc for my tastes (and they can be a bit over compressed to boot). BUT - I have only minor issues with their BR releases. I own several and they all look very good. My biggest complaint with their product is they don't usually have SDH or CC on their releases (movies or TV series).

I'll be adding this one at some point.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
At least their blu ray packaging omits the cringe worthy "Ready! Set! Binge!" which adorns their DVD sets...

I was never the fan of such wording on Mill Creek's all-in-one DVDs, mainly because I'm not the binger like quite a few others are (one episode at a time is the way I usually run it).

I tend to avoid Mill Creek's DVD releases as they put a few too many episodes on a disc for my tastes (and they can be a bit over compressed to boot). BUT - I have only minor issues with their BR releases. I own several and they all look very good. My biggest complaint with their product is they don't usually have SDH or CC on their releases (movies or TV series).

I'll be adding this one at some point.

As I understand it, Heath Holland of Cereal at Midnight reviewed that Charlie's Angels Blu, and according to him, that release has subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks