What's new

I can't find my size! (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I have a very hard time finding clothing that would fit me, especially pants. The problem is my size, but not in the way you think. I am 6'3" and 250 lbs, pretty much the frame of a football player, nothing out of this world. And there lies the problem: I am right in between regular sizes and Big & Tall: I am too big for regular department stores, and too small for the Big and Tall stores. My waist size is 42. That is the largest you will find a JC Penney etc... and most of the time, they simply don't have it. At the B&T stores the start at 42, which they don't have that much of. Of course, you will find 50 galore, the same way you find plenty of 36 at the mall... Same thing to a lesser degree with shoes: Try getting size 13... its easier to get 10 or 15.
Actually, 42 is not as rare as I make it sound, 42W-34L is that one that is impossible to find: When you get 42W, it is 30 or 32L. Almost never 34L. WTF??!! There are plenty of tall built guys like me running around in this country, I would think someone would cater to our needs? :rolleyes
Is there anyone in the same situation?
--
Holadem

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Have you checked stores other than JC Penney? I know Wal-Mart and Kmart both have 42W (up to 50W). Not so sure about the L, though.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I always have problems with inseam. My waist is 32 inches easily, but my inseam is something closer to 28/29 inches than the 30/32 that I normally find, so for the most part, I get used to rolling up the legs when not wearing sneakers otherwise if you get them at some stores, the alterating is cheap. For example, Bob Stores (medium sized department stores around NYC area) only charges $1 for alterations.
Maybe you can get pant extensions! :D
Jay

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hah! At 6'2" and about 11.5 stone, long in the leg...
A pair of GAP 30/34 trousers hang on my hips and are just about long enough. If I can find a place doing 29" waist and 36" inside leg I'll be laughing.
:D

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
With a 36" inseam it's impossible to buy pants at any regular store and big and tall shops lean too much toward the "big" end of the spectrum. It really bites having to shop via mail order for pants. I pretty much wear nothing but shorts and L.L. Bean jeans since they actually carry my size. I'm a real fashion plate.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Tell me about it. :) I have always had problems finding a size to fit me. Anyone who's 6'3" (like me) can get by with a 34-35 inseam, but the waist is always 38-40. My waist is a 30-32, easily, so I have to really dig to find my size. Must explain why I rotate the same pairs as often as possible.
-j

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
28/30 for me, but all the fashionable jeans don't come in that size. It's been hard for me to find jeans that fit right ever since middle school.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Does the "GB" stand for "Green Bean", Theo? Just kidding.

Over the past year I've lost 50 pounds and I'm happy to buy a smaller size now.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I've always been hard to fit...I'm a 34/34. Thank you Old Navy for carrying my size!

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Wow, big congrats to you! Share your secrets (or are you writing a book? )
I stopped eating fast food for lunch and I stopped reaching for seconds. Plus I was working long hours and I think the stress of my job elevated my metabolism, or something like that. Other than that I haven't really been trying to lose weight, it just happened.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
GB actually stands for Graham-Brown. I'm TheoGB on most forums as it's pretty unlikely to have gone already. Hence I recently bought www.theogb.com when I realised there was only one page that came up that wasn't about me when I googled it or something!!!!
;)
(And yep: I'm a beanpole...)

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Tell me about it, Im 6'6 and 315lbs. and I cant find Jack when it comes to shirts. Whenever I find a shirt that 2X or 3X, then its always to short. And it seems like its hard to find shirts that are 2X Tall or 3X Tall. But pants I dont have a problem with.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Buy online. I buy most of my clothes from JC Pennys and Eddie Bauer's websites. They're both fast, and have a great selection, especially for the Big & Tall stuff that you won't find in the stores. And if things don't fit or you don't like them, you can return them to any store.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I have no problem finding jeans, it is the stuff I wear to work and to go out that is hard to find, especially slacks. I am going to take the plunge and start ordering stuff. Thanks for the replies guys!

--

Holadem

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
This thread is making me feel short and fat.

I'm a 34-36 waist/29-30 length. Dreadfully impossible to find.

So I found an expensive Kenmore sewing machine in a thrift store once for $9, and now I hem all my pants myself. The first few look kinda ragged, but now I'm pretty good at it.

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks