What's new

hushbox (1 Viewer)

jeff hedderson

Auditioning
hello guys new to forum just like to say hi.I have just completed my new hush box for my ceiling mounted projector.It is working great,one last step,i am needing to know what type of glass i could use to cover the opening of the lens to take care of the last bit of noise.Thank for your help.

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
Edmund Optical has quite a varied selection of glass and plastic windows in both round or rectangular. Pricing seems a bit steep to me, but I don't know what your budget is. Certainly it's cheaper than buying a quieter projector. :)
This is just one example, looks like a good one though with the anti-reflective coating and larger sizes:

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...productid=1919

I expect you could also use glass from small picture frames from Walmart etc. You should be able to find 3 x 5 and 4 x 6, etc, for a couple bucks each. It's not that thick, and make sure you get the clear kind and not matted, but for the price, it's worth a try.

Aaron Gilbert

jeff hedderson

Auditioning
Thank you very much Aaron.I beat you to it, walmart frame even used the fram itself to dress out the opening.The lens of the projector sits 2.5 inches from the glass so there is some reflection happening.Tried to clean the glass several times but still some reflection.After installing i had to re-cailbrate the projector.The picture and brightness needed to be brought up some.red,yellow,blue and sharpness was not effected.I think i can live with my results,for now.Thank you for the web site i will look at what they have to offer.pictures soon to come of my system hope you take the time to check them out.Thank you agian.

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
try angleing the glass in the case. this should remove the glare and reflection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks