My HT Upgrade Pics

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Orlando, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Orlando

Orlando Stunt Coordinator

I have finally finished my upgrade and what a job. I didn’t think it would ever end. But I was able to get some pictures put together. Check out the link one folder for the Home Theater and a separate one for the Hushbox and Projector. Take a look and I welcome all comments and questions.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/littleog3131/my_photos

The equipment consists of:

Runco CL-700 Projector
    Whisperflow Hushbox
    Sony 40XBR700 TV
    Atlantic Technology’s System 4.5 Surround Sound Speakers
    Berkline 088 Home Theater Recliners
    Sony DA30ES Surround Receiver
    Monster Power HTS 2500 Power Conditioner
    Sony DVP-700P DVD Player
    RCA DTC-100 HDTV Receiver
    Cablevision Scientific Atlantic 4200HD HDTV Cablebox
    2 JVC JX-S111 HD Component Selectors
    Generic Da-lite Pull-down screen (Hopeful upgrade next year)
    One For All Kameleon Universal Remote
    Signs Thanks to Jay Luft and John Hall
    Assortment of BetterCables, Acoustic Research and IXOS Cables.
    And one thing to notice when you look at the Berkline pictures is the Fridge in the back of the room. You don’t want to miss any action doing a drink run. [​IMG]

2. Nick.H

Nick.H Stunt Coordinator

Looks good dude... I don't mind it at all...

I like what you did with the projector..

good stuff..

Should make for some excellent viewing..

3. Kevin Eckhardt

Kevin Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

Love the Berkline seating. Someday I'd like to get some but right now my HT is also my living room so regular couches work a litte better.

What kind of mount are you using for your center channel? I'm in the process of adding a projector to my existing RPTV HT and have been wondering about what to do with the center when the screen is down.

Kevin

4. Orlando

I used a pair of satellite speaker mounts that I bought from Home Depot. If I remember right it was 30 bucks for the pair. They are intended to hold a speaker from the bottom long ways. But I made a few slight modifications and mounted it sideways with one on each side. The speaker wasn't meant to be mounted this way so it had no mounting holes thus the need for improvisation.

5. LarryE

LarryE Stunt Coordinator

I have the Runco CL 700 projector, and I LOVE it. I think you will be quite pleased. The room looks great. I would like to have loungers like that at some point.

6. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Nice PJ.

7. Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo Stunt Coordinator

Wow! How do you like that TV? I have been on the fence for the newer model, but I read some reviews that claim the picture is grainy? I hope they are just a victim of bad cables, but please, let me know what you think! I have already cut the whole for it - LOL! Check out my site when you have time...

Home Theater

8. Orlando

We all the love the TV. And yeah if the cable source is crappy, well you know. But when we play DVD's or HDTV on it. WOW! [​IMG] I do have a problem with a slight green spot on the side which plenty of people have talked about. But I blame it on the fact that due to it's size it is sensitive to magnets. And even thought the speaker is shielded it worked on the screen. But then after little more then a year on there I removed it to redo the room and the slight green corner appeared. It seems a little cheesy but when I sometimes watch TV and I notice it. I'll put a couple of little magnets I bought at Radio Shack on top and it goes away.

Christo

Looks like a big job. I envy and don't envy you. While it is exciting to be working towards your HT. Just looking at where you are starting from just gave me the chills thinking of all the work that has to get done. As you know I recently just finished mine and just before that gutting out and redoing both my bathrooms at the same time.

9. Shawn_Z

Shawn_Z Auditioning

Nice setup. The time you have taken to make a clean setup definately shows in the details. Great looking movie area.

Setting up the HT is half the fun!

10. Orlando

Yeah it is.

And it was all the little things that take all the time. Hiding cables, trimmings around the hushbox and adjustments, adjustments and more adjustments. Now I have to make time just to sit and enjoy it.

11. RogerMt

RogerMt Extra

Looking good, I can relate to the "thought I'd never be done part".