Human Target Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel

Remember, they ran two episodes back to back one night and there were two this week - 4 out of the broadcast 12 in two weeks.

- Walter.

Yeah, I missed Monday's episode. It seems like this series never got a chance to established itself.

Crawdaddy

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Like people have said(or an artical) they are just rushing through the season; having back to back episodes to weeks in a row, or two episodes in the same week. Its a drag.

I don't know but it seems that if a show isn't a hit then they just scrap it and try something else looking for the next big thing. Maybe the show isn't doing well in the ratings and they just don't make money. Not sure what to think.

Chi Chi Rodrigweez

Auditioning
Real Name
Albert
First of all, whoever made the Pucci/Poochie connection earlier in the thread = brilliant, hilarious. That's too good to be a mere coincidence...that has to be a shot from the inside at whoever insisted on retooling the show to begin with. For the record, I actually liked the IDEA of the new characters this season, but I think the execution of those characters was done horribly. IMO, Pucci should have remained the silent partner she promised to be in the beginning, and Ames being given little to do other than being eye candy is just such a waste of potential.

And now FOX is doing its typical FOX thing and shoving the series off a cliff so it can focus on the next series it can ruin. Go figure. I'm just glad that the mindset of today's TV industry didn't exist 20-30 years ago, otherwise we'd never have Cheers or Seinfeld. I can only hope that one day the creative industry will return to the culture where (A) a show is given a decent chance to thrive, and (B) clueless suits and their focus groups will have little or no influence on the course of creativity.

(I hope I'm wrong, but) goodbye, Human Target. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Chi Chi Rodrigweez

First of all, whoever made the Pucci/Poochie connection earlier in the thread = brilliant, hilarious. That's too good to be a mere coincidence...that has to be a shot from the inside at whoever insisted on retooling the show to begin with. For the record, I actually liked the IDEA of the new characters this season, but I think the execution of those characters was done horribly. IMO, Pucci should have remained the silent partner she promised to be in the beginning, and Ames being given little to do other than being eye candy is just such a waste of potential.

And now FOX is doing its typical FOX thing and shoving the series off a cliff so it can focus on the next series it can ruin. Go figure. I'm just glad that the mindset of today's TV industry didn't exist 20-30 years ago, otherwise we'd never have Cheers or Seinfeld. I can only hope that one day the creative industry will return to the culture where (A) a show is given a decent chance to thrive, and (B) clueless suits and their focus groups will have little or no influence on the course of creativity.

(I hope I'm wrong, but) goodbye, Human Target. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

On to The Chicago Code.

Crawdaddy

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I hope it isn't cancelled the last few episodes have been great. I watch TV to be entertained and Human Target does just that. With the double episodes the season has flown by.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by Chi Chi Rodrigweez 

First of all, whoever made the Pucci/Poochie connection earlier in the thread = brilliant, hilarious.  That's too good to be a mere coincidence...that has to be a shot from the inside at whoever insisted on retooling the show to begin with.  For the record, I actually liked the IDEA of the new characters this season, but I think the execution of those characters was done horribly.  IMO, Pucci should have remained the silent partner she promised to be in the beginning, and Ames being given little to do other than being eye candy is just such a waste of potential.

And now FOX is doing its typical FOX thing and shoving the series off a cliff so it can focus on the next series it can ruin.  Go figure.  I'm just glad that the mindset of today's TV industry didn't exist 20-30 years ago, otherwise we'd never have Cheers or Seinfeld.  I can only hope that one day the creative industry will return to the culture where (A) a show is given a decent chance to thrive, and (B) clueless suits and their focus groups will have little or no influence on the course of creativity.

(I hope I'm wrong, but) goodbye, Human Target.  It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Yeah who brought up the Poochy thing that guy is a genious.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I caught the past Monday episode and it was one of the better ones this season.

Crawdaddy

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
From what EW and some others are saying, Human Target is all but officially over. Also, they think Lie To Me and Fringe are the next shows to go. Of course they will finish what they have for this season, but no others will be made.

I really enjoyed season one of Human Target and while season two I thought was OK, it changed way too much for me. In the start, Chance had more of an edge, sort of a do anything to save someone even if they bad guys get killed or whatever. He showed little caring for any of them such as the bank hostage in season one. Also, the new female characters just don't work that well. They have grown on me some, but the point of it was they were like the secret A Team guys, not a place where everyone knew about them. They were tough, dirty and more grit to them. But having a boss that was going to be "silent partner" and making her character so involved broke it. So did Aimes and I am not sure why her character is even there except to have a young pretty girl for those demographics. If they were going to use her, she should be tougher and more of a good con sort of like "Face Man" was for the A Team.

It had promise, but now I really don't know what to make of it. I don't think Fox does either and likely it is gone for good. Just waiting for it to be "official".

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Jeffery_H

From what EW and some others are saying, Human Target is all but officially over. Also, they think Lie To Me and Fringe are the next shows to go. Of course they will finish what they have for this season, but no others will be made.

TV by the numbers is reporting (as of Superbowl Sunday) that Lie to Me is in the "likely to be cancelled" category (though it is a recent upgrade from "certain to the cancelled), while Fringe, along with Chuck, are actually on the bubble. Fringe's ratings dropped a fair amount this week, which, since it's the first friday with actual competition, is definite cause for concern.

My guess is that HT is gone, Chuck will be renewed for 12, Fringe will be renewed for 12, and Lie to Me will have 12 new episodes in the summer, scheduled after So You Think You Can Dance. Personally, I really enjoyed having Lie to Me during the summer.

Chi Chi Rodrigweez

Auditioning
Real Name
Albert
Originally Posted by Jeffery_H

I really enjoyed season one of Human Target and while season two I thought was OK, it changed way too much for me. In the start, Chance had more of an edge, sort of a do anything to save someone even if they bad guys get killed or whatever. He showed little caring for any of them such as the bank hostage in season one. Also, the new female characters just don't work that well. They have grown on me some, but the point of it was they were like the secret A Team guys, not a place where everyone knew about them. They were tough, dirty and more grit to them. But having a boss that was going to be "silent partner" and making her character so involved broke it. So did Aimes and I am not sure why her character is even there except to have a young pretty girl for those demographics. If they were going to use her, she should be tougher and more of a good con sort of like "Face Man" was for the A Team.

It had promise, but now I really don't know what to make of it. I don't think Fox does either and likely it is gone for good. Just waiting for it to be "official".

You hit the nail right on the head with the observations about the new characters, and the Season 1 vs 2 comparison. The show wasn't broken to begin with, so it didn't need fixing...minor tweaking, maybe, but what they did to it is a crying shame. Why did someone think it was a good idea to have some boss-type come in from left field and be a huge thorn in the team's side, a constant anchor at every turn?....and then throw in another character that had the potential to be a cool-tough-con-artist-cat-burglar type and add an interesting new element to the team, but instead just make her a mostly annoying ditz? I just don't get it.

What really puzzles me is: all the shows you mention are good (or at least decent) shows that deserve better treatment. I realize it's a business, if the numbers aren't there then they have to do something else to get the numbers. And the pressure to succeed is heavy and relentless. I just don't understand why the patience isn't there anymore. Like I mentioned upthread, some of the all-time classics in TV history started out slow, but someone somewhere had the guts and insight to stick with them...and they struck gold as a result. The TV business today...ugh, it's just maddening.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Well, episode 13 played last night, and that's eason 2. American Idol takes over int he 2-hour chunks starting next Wednesday night.

Good semi-closure to the Marshall Pucci arc. No major threads left hanging, which is nice.

Some good caper moments in this one, and nice references back to earlier episodes too. The trickery pulled on each other was fun too. If this is the end, it's been a fun run, and despite what some people think, the second season wasn't a let-down, and it was still quite entertaining and fun.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well, episode 13 played last night, and that's eason 2.  American Idol takes over int he 2-hour chunks starting next Wednesday night.   Good semi-closure to the Marshall Pucci arc.  No major threads left hanging, which is nice.   Some good caper moments in this one, and nice references back to earlier episodes too.  The trickery pulled on each other was fun too.  If this is the end, it's been a fun run, and despite what some people think, the second season wasn't a let-down, and it was still quite entertaining and fun.
Except for all the plots from the first and very good first season, especially the cliff hanger from the last ep in season one. And this is why I hated this season. Every from season completely washed out. The last two eps this season was all about setting up Poochie and Chance and they have ZERO compatibility no chemistry at all. A giant waste of a great cast and a terrific first season. Hated the WB moment at the end of the last show, the romantic music and the look in their eyes when they both realized they loved each other, just awful. HATED ALL OF IT.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah they ruined Human Target and the only redemption if it got renewed is if they took the extra characters and said they moved on between season. So what if the show was a Boy's club, can't there be a show that caters to one demographic? Believe me women were watching. As far as Lie to me, this season was an improvemnt on S2 so I'd like to see it come back, I still enjoy it quite a bit.

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
Josh Dial said:

"TV by the numbers is reporting (as of Superbowl Sunday) that Lie to Me is in the "likely to be cancelled" category (though it is a recent upgrade from "certain to the cancelled), while Fringe, along with Chuck, are actually on the bubble. Fringe's ratings dropped a fair amount this week, which, since it's the first friday with actual competition, is definite cause for concern."

If they do indeed cancell these shows, FOX will only have one show I am willing to watch. I will still watch Bones.

I wish they would do something bad to the ppl that thought up the idea of primetime contests and reality shows. I know that some ppl must watch them. but EW. There is almost nothing to watch these days.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Boo to FOX.

Human Target was fun entertainment.

FX should pick this up.

Drop the Pucci storyline and get it going stat!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks