What's new

HTRoland (1 Viewer)

HTROLAND

Agent
Real Name
Roland
I am now at the middle of my HT conversion from stereo. I already bought a Pioneer BDP1019AH-K reciever, Yamaha YST-SW315 Sub. and using my two tower (42 inch) Ohm (from years ago)speakers for my front. I will audition two center speakers (Polk and --forgot) from Best Buy sometime, to match my front speakers. I need a good sounding center as my front speakers are very nice sound wise. I still need any recommendation in this regards. My Ohm maker wants an arm and leg to make me a center speaker which he said will match it as close as possible but he wants me to send my speakers to have a maintenance service which will add another cost. I know nothing is wrong with it since they were slightly used.

I will also need two cube surround speakers for my 5.1 system. With my room configuration and any scrutinty from my wife I will try to hide as best as I could this two speakers. Reading from all the threads in this forum, cube is not advisable. I have no choice, but from all the readings and following those leads I still cannot find an individual cube or a small as possible speaker. I have an idea about buying ProAcoustics MC2.5B. Its monopole. Is this any good or can anybody suggest a good satellite cube?

SoundDoc

Grip
Real Name
John Franks
Your are mixing way too much. Forget the center speaker if you are using the Ohm speakers. If you are more than 6 feet or so away from your screen, but plan to sit so that you are centered, work on setting up a virtual center. The Ohm speakers have great dispersion and tend to, as it is said often in some print reviews, "disappear" and so they set up a great center image on stereo material. Similarly, if you tell your processor that you don't have a center speaker, it should route the dialog material to both the left and right speakers. If you feel that you really need a center speaker speaker, then get an entire left-center-right set from the same manufacturer. If you are going to keep the Ohms, then consider a high shelf or ceiling mount for the surrounds. If you are replacing the Ohms, then consider getting everything from one manufacturer. Voicing is as important as anything else in HT audio.

HTROLAND

Agent
Real Name
Roland
Thanks John,

I am now starting to put everything together. I intend to use my Ohm and will put the surround as you suggested since I have no other alternative. I have two good 6 inches speaker which I will try to find out if it matches my front speakers. Can I use both of them if they will match? This will be like the Polk Audio CS10 in size.This will just be an experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks