Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Pro Model.jpg

Kickstarter Link

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
(I just read my post above to my wife, and she responded by repeatedly thrusting her hand in a palm-forward "stop" gesture toward my face and said, "here's some 3D pop outs for you!")

:3dglasses:
Imagine what else she might have done. I know I am.:):3dglasses::blink:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Finally! This is one of the first 3Ders that I actually starting watching before I noticed the 3D, I was enjoying the story line that much.

Excellent all around EXCEPT for the damn low volume. I had to turn it up to the highest of any BD that I have in my collection, even with the 7.1 audio.

A great addition to our collections. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Disney & Pixar's Onward 3D Blu-ray [2020] [Region Free]

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Aviation in 3D Volume 1 Blu-Ray 3D video

Just received this today and watched a few sections...excellent 3D. One was visiting an airplane museum, an airport and looking at a new Goodyear Blimp.

Did have some pop-outs which were enjoyable.

Hey, for $10 for 140 minutes was a damn good deal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Trying to find a copy of THE SNOW QUEEN in 3D for not the price of my house. I just ordered 2,3 and 4 in 3D, so I thought I'd like to see how it started.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Trying to find a copy of THE SNOW QUEEN in 3D for not the price of my house. I just ordered 2,3 and 4 in 3D, so I thought I'd like to see how it started.

If the 2012 Animated version is what you need -- the best current price I can find is Rarewaves either on Ebay or Amazon Marketplace at around $20. I'm not finding a better way to get it now -- a little sad since I know it's been available for $10 or less during a few deals.

I'm pretty sure the 1-3 box listed above has been part of a 5 for 50EUR deal (or similar 50EUR off 100EUR order type deal) in the past.

I'm 90+% sure all of them have English soundtracks

The German is B locked though I'm pretty sure John is OK with that, others might want to know
I think there is/was a Brazilian 3D Region Free of the first 2, but the only 2 sources of shipping (non Ebay) Brazil discs seems to be on lockdown or completely dead and teh Ebay options are very expensive.

Last edited:

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I got a question, has Jackass 3 ever been released in 3D in any region? I know it hasn't in the states.

Thanks All

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Ang Lee's "Gemini Man" was a pleasant surprise. Although it's a ludicrously OTT action movie, the native 3D photography has some very elegant shots scattered throughout the mayhem.
It as though Ang Lee can't help but find art in the most unpromising material. Even "Hulk" has some beautiful scenes.
There are several pop-outs which work quite well, although some are spoiled by the foreground being out of focus. This is particularly noticeable in shots where people are pointing guns at the camera. Maybe massive in-focus close ups are beyond the range of even modern 3D systems.
Even so it's better than the dreary conversions (Hobbs & Shaw" anyone?) which Hollywood keeps inflicting on us.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand

9 days left and All Stretch Goals Unlocked!
$1,283,830 + Goals Unlocked.jpg

Kickstarter Link
IMPORTANT Make sure to select a Cinera Edge "Pro"- model as pledge-choice; NOT the "Cinera Edge"! For the PRO's optional HDMI input port that is needed for connecting to a Blu-ray 3D player's HDMI output port, for viewing @ 1080P, 3D MVC encoded Blu-ray 3D's !

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Aviation in 3D Volume 1 Blu-Ray 3D video

Just received this today and watched a few sections...excellent 3D. One was visiting an airplane museum, an airport and looking at a new Goodyear Blimp.

Did have some pop-outs which were enjoyable.

Hey, for $10 for 140 minutes was a damn good deal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Just watched 4 more sections (visiting different air museums)...excellent 3D.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Kickstarter Link
IMPORTANT Make sure to select a Cinera Edge "Pro"- model as pledge-choice; NOT the "Cinera Edge"! For the PRO's optional HDMI input port that is needed for connecting to a Blu-ray 3D player's HDMI output port, for viewing @ 1080P, 3D MVC encoded Blu-ray 3D's !

I'm torn between the fact that I don't immediately NEED one--never gave up my old 2011 Panasonic VIera 3DTV :cool: --and the idea that if I got a pair of these, I could maybe finally get a new 4K set when the Playstation 5 comes out. (And get a set for a lot less than I bought my 3DTV nine years ago.)

Still, it's nice to see the new generation, who'd been digging up old 10's Blu3D's on Playstation VR, have something LIGHTER to strap on to watch them.
And yes, L&G, every time I try to hype the Cinera in disk-fan discussions, I still get "When are they coming out with Glasses-Free 3D?"

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
If it means I have to buy all new equipment, then it's a big NO for me. My home theater is set up for SD/BD/4K/3DBD/Streaming. If they decide not to make anymore 3Ders, then I have enough (450) and plenty more to buy to tide me over until I die.

Good luck to all that get into this!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just watched 4 more sections (visiting different air museums)...excellent 3D.

Just finished the disc and it was awesome, especially being in the cockpit of a large passenger jet as it's landing...the bigger the screen (110" for me) the more real it was. Had me on the edge of my seat as it touched down ....ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU COULDN'T SEE THE RUNWAY FROM WHERE THE PILOT WAS SITTING!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Can't wait for Volume 2.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
If it means I have to buy all new equipment, then it's a big NO for me. My home theater is set up for SD/BD/4K/3DBD/Streaming. If they decide not to make anymore 3Ders, then I have enough (450) and plenty more to buy to tide me over until I die.

Good luck to all that get into this!
John,
The Cinera Edge Pro connects to any existing setup for SD/BD/4K/3DBD/Streaming. Nothing new needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nielmb
    Recent bookmarks