What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If I figured this out right it only cost me $11 to have Miniscule sent to me, shipped from Australia.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just checked out Sanity. The say Minuscule is region B. What region was your disc?

Like many discs (esp AUS) it's labelled B, but it's Region Free. I think Paul Hillenbrand may have the AUS disc. I thought he was the first that reported it region free. The Bonus material is 1080/50 so you'll need a compatible player -- most US player other than a pre-PS4 Sony

The feature is pretty much language free,
The extras are only in French, but the AUS disc is subtitled in English - non optional subtitles. There are 3 or 4 trailers and numerous 2-4 minute long bonus "Making Of" segments and a couple short Director Introductions. A bit over 30 minutes total extras

It's honestly pretty fun gorgeous little film even in 2D

Single Audio track DTS-HD Master 5.1-- technically French, but only makes a difference for the extras
No optional Subtitles

If I figured this out right it only cost me $11 to have Miniscule sent to me, shipped from Australia.

That's about right though I will emphasize it might be awhile. I was honestly expecting mine to be cancelled last fall. Ordered in late August, but it came into stock right about the time Far From Home released Oct 23 either by luck or design so all 4 items I ordered shipped together. I was actually on the verge of cancelling the order to make sure my other discs shipped on time -- glad I waited

7- 0.70GST + 9.95 shipping -- 16.24AUD (approx 0.67 exchange) 10.88 if you have a CC with no FOREX fee,

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I bought it, watched it, sold it.

Wow. Initially, I would have said that remark doesn't make me feel good about the purchase I just made.

On the other hand, I only paid $11 for it so if I am ultimately disappointed, I won't be ultimately broke.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Wow. Initially, I would have said that remark doesn't make me feel good about the purchase I just made.

On the other hand, I only paid $11 for it so if I am ultimately disappointed, I won't be ultimately broke.

It was kind of an abrupt reply, we enjoyed it but at the time I didn’t think I would ever watch it again so not a keeper for me. I’m sure you will enjoy it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
It's okay. Post 3D German conversion. A few scenes have great depth and I even jumped a few times. :3dglasses:

upload_2020-2-21_19-5-2.jpeg

I still have to watch: LION KING; ALADDIN; GODZILLA KOTM and others.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Saw the screening today at NYC's Film Forum of 1953's The Sword of Granada AKA El Corazón y la Espada -- Mexico's first 3D feature film. Fun picture with plenty of pop-outs and Katy Jurado is a true Mexican Spitfire. This feature alone makes the forthcoming 3D Rarities 2 blu ray yet another no-brainer for 3D-equipped classic film fans.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Ive been re-watching the Infinty Saga and this weekend I was up to GotG2 and Spiderman Homecoming. Both in 3D. What a difference between the two.

Guardians had great depth and perspective and even some nice pop outs. It looked 3d.

Homecoming looked 2d. Other than 1 or 2 overhead perspective shots, I couldnt tell I was watching it in 3d. Quite disappointing.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Watched The Addams Family a couple nights ago. Too bad that this is not available in 3D anywhere, as it seemed like it would be a great 3D experience. There were a couple times when it almost looked 3D even on the flat presentation.

Seems like we might be at the last gasp of 3D, as several recent films that were 3D in theaters have not seemed to appear in 3D blu-ray anywhere in the world. I thought we might see a few Asian exclusives for a while, but perhaps this is not to be.

Oh, well. I still have a bunch of 3D's that I have not even watched yet, so that'll keep me busy for a while. And there are still other titles available I can pick up, especially the documentary/nature titles. Still a few recent Disney titles that I need to get from UK, too.

The "last gasp" of 3D home entertainment in the U.S. has already come and gone, but for the 3D Film Archives. However, it still seems to be flourishing in Europe, and most of the Disney stuff is region-free (and reasonably-priced)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Did "Sonic" get a 3D theatrical release anywhere?

I feel surprised it's 2D only in the US - I guess. I can't imagine it's 3D somewhere else but nowhere in the DC area!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Did "Sonic" get a 3D theatrical release anywhere?

I feel surprised it's 2D only in the US - I guess. I can't imagine it's 3D somewhere else but nowhere in the DC area!
I don't believe there was any 3D release. I'm guessing they spent so much extra time and money re-doing the CGI for Sonic, that either they didn't want to spend the extra money for a 3D conversion, or they didn't have time to convert it and still make the new release date.

Either that, or they never intended to make a 3D version. I don't know if it was ever a possibility.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Just watched Gemini Man tonight, What a pleasant surprise, we both really liked the movie itself, as for the 120fps I certainly didn’t miss it. Infact I’m a firm Full 3D HD 1080p/24 enthusiast and we had no issues with motion at all.
3D Active brightness was good throughout, Colours popped and fine detail was fantastic especially on close up shots. It was mostly depth and a few more pop outs would have been welcome but overall what a great package ! .
Also I really liked the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and the Dolby atmos was pretty good :thumbs-up-smiley:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks